Darkness this way comes: weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkness this way comes: weekend matchgoing

Probably Cricklewood Wanderers vs. Pitshanger Dynamo.

Port Vale away. I'd rather put my bollocks in a vice than encounter any of their fans in any of those pubs in Hanley and Burslem so I'm going to my godson's second birthday party instead.

Comment

I'm at 'the' early kick-off against FLDC. I've seen us score no goals and one point so far this season.
      Last edited by Capybara; 25-10-2018, 12:33.

Comment

Last league game of the season at home to Dundalk, they won the league last week and have the cup final next week so hopefully we can catch them napping,they're the only side to take maximum points from us so far so pride is definitely at stake

Comment

Carlisle v Yeovil.

Not one to get the heart racing, but I'm getting the train up so beer and takeaway fodder should make up for the football being shit.

Comment

Sunderland v Sarfend. Fourth appearance this season which equals the total for the last three seasons combined.

Comment

Cheltenham v Stevenage - only the second game I've been to since Sept 1st and I can't say I'm looking forward to it, Cheltenham are bloody dreadful at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                Port Vale away. I'd rather put my bollocks in a vice than encounter any of their fans in any of those pubs in Hanley and Burslem so I'm going to my godson's second birthday party instead.
                The last time I was in a pub in Burslem as an (admittedly conflicted) away fan I spent two very happy hours chatting with Vale supporters. Not one iota of bother in The Bulls Head, and very nice Titanic beers too.

Comment

I know it probably seems like I go to this fixture every week, but I'll be at Old Bradwell United vs Clean Slate.

Comment

Struggling for a Saturday afternoon match in Cardiff/Bristol that's not Bristol City or Newport County

Comment

There appears to be The Goytre Derby, AFC v United, in the Welsh Football League D1 at 2:30pm.

Comment

Ah, hang on, they come from different Goytres - I did wonder how Goytre sustained two teams at that level.

Still, it must be a bit of a needle match.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-10-2018, 08:17.

Comment

Isn't a goytre a swelling of the thyroid in the neck? Not sure I'd fancy a United one.

Comment

That’s certainly the image the vilage’s name always conjured up for me when I lived ten miles away.

Comment

Colchester away. Really need a good away win after two home draws, but been picking up injuries and our defence has been a bit ropey of late. Hope Akinde is fit enough to start. Good away following, over 1000 tickets bought apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                Colchester away. Really need a good away win after two home draws, but been picking up injuries and our defence has been a bit ropey of late. Hope Akinde is fit enough to start. Good away following, over 1000 tickets bought apparently.
                                Nouble is rapid!

Comment

Randomly I've got a friend playing for Goytre this season.

It's a terrible name. I drive through it on the way up to Shrewsbury. I also drive through Penperlleni, which I'm sure is a Welsh type of paste.

Comment

Manchester United v Everton. All my mates have transferred to the singing section for some daft reason, so I'll be sat, for the first time, with my brother in law and my nephew. Really looking forward to it. Not the football, obv, that'll be awful.

Comment

I didn’t know you had a brother in law.

Comment

Watched AFC Liverpool v Steeton this evening. Both sides scored a penalty in the first half before Steeton scored twice in the second half and looked like they were on course to secure the win. However a looping shot over the keepe halved the deficit erode AFC Liverpool equalised in the 93rd minute. This was the second time I've seen AFC Liverpool get a 3-3 draw this month, although on the previous occasion it was them that threw away a two goal lead in stoppage time. It's also the second time in a couple of weeks that I've seen Steeton lose a two goal lead.

Tomorrow I'm planning to spend most of the day decorating the house, but I'll find some time to go and watch my new closest team, Southport Trinity, who are hosting Hoole United. Sunday is going to see more decorating, with a trip to Everton V West Ham in the WSL in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                          I didn’t know you had a brother in law.
                                          Yeah. My sister got married years ago.

Comment

I guess that explains the nephew as well.

Comment

Bloody freezing at Old Bradwell United for the derby with Clean Slate. The first time I as a spectator have been engaged in conversation by one of the officials, a cheery but cold linesman. Bottom of the division Clean Slate have some new players following the arrival of a new manager, but they were never going to score an actual goal in a million years. Old Bradwell managed three without ever really hitting their stride and to the relief of all, as keen as I was to go off and get a hot drink, the ref blew the final whistle on exactly 90 minutes.

Comment

My day, in pictures.

Sunrise, awaiting the 08:18 to Southport

The 09:00 to Wigan Wallgate arrives, to the surprise of a number of fuckwits on the adjacent platform who'd been staring at a dead train for 15", expecting it to spring into life despite having no crew on board.

Breakfast of champions in Wigan.

The excellent '301 miles to Euston' station bar at Carlisle.

Two hours in the King's Head followed, without my having the wit to photograph anything.

Then a move to the Fat Gadgie - here a Titanic Cherry Dark and an Abolition Amber jostle for space.

Onward to the main destination, Carlisle v Yeovil - an absolute festival of mediocrity with neither team doing anything good enough to deserve a win.

Back in the Beehive fast enough to find the disastrous 96th minute denouement still prominent on the telly. Undeserving deflection grabbing bastards.

Tidy sunset, back in the city centre.

Consolation lardy tea before hitting the west coast main line home.

Comment

I’m currently on the outskirts of Rome at SFF Atletico v Calcio Flaminia in Girone G of the regionalised Serie D.

It’s the only football I could find during five days here with the family (they’re at the Gallery of Modern Art right now) and is conveniently close to the airport as we fly home in a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X