Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolton penalty: saved!

Comment

Where we sit is ridiculous. It's late middle October and it's too warm to wear a jacket...

Comment

Will Vokes with a fabulous free kick puts us one up.

Comment

We nearly scored from open play just then...

Comment

Bollocks. Break away from our free kick results in an unnecessary equaliser.

Comment

Finishes 1-1. We've really got to stop throwing leads away. And we've got to start getting away points...

Comment

I watched an even better Bolton comeback this afternoon as Bolton Wyresdale Reserves came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at Lymm in the Lancashire Amateur League. In this particular case Bolton scored their penalty with Lymm's being saved.

Comment

Northwood 2-2 South Park.
                  Ground looked slightly tired, but has a bit of character. Clubhouse was nice, looks like it's had a bit of work done. Game was quite entertaining, with South Park deservingly coming back from 2-0 down.

Comment

Zilina 2 Michalovce 2

It looked like a comfortable home win when Zilina took a 2-0 lead early in the second-half, courtesy of a superb long-range strike from Miroslav Kacer. Instead, Michalovce changed their formation, abandoning three at the back and sending on two wide players, and came right back into it. One of the subs provided the final pass for both goals, the other scored the equaliser. Decent game, fair result.

Comment

Bray Wanderers 0 Bohemian fc 5
                      Nobody has ever scored more than four goals in a league game in Bohs 128 year history so when Dinny Corcoran notched his fourth of the game after 55 minutes I thought I was at a historic moment. Unfortunately Bray didn't read the script and brought on defensive reinforcements to keep the score down and Bohs manager Keith Long took Corcoran off after 70 minutes.
                      Bohs under 19s 2 UCD 2 (Bohs won 5.3 on penalties)
                      And so on to Saturday morning for the u19s league play off semi-finals
                      An entertaining game between two clubs who are willing to give young players a chance, Bohs were the better side for the first hour and were deserved 2.0 leaders until the students made a couple of changes in midfield that gave them the upper hand and quickly scored twice,one a well worked move down the right that was neatly finished by the right back, the second a free kick,headed back across goal for a simple tap in.
                      Nothing happened in extratime to seperate the sides so it went to a penalty shootout,everybody scored confidently except for the third UCD player who hit the crossbar.
                      Enjoyable weekend of football overall.

Comment

Charlton 2-0 Barnsley

Fully deserved win for Charlton. They closed us down, and their forwards were too quick for our defence.

Comment

Macclesfield 2-1 Carlisle

Where to start with this mess? Carlisle's reduced budget for this season has really come home to roost now, five first teamers out injured and a sixth limping off. Our defence is as slow as a crab in an oil slick and our shape wasn't helped by putting our best midfielder at left back and throwing an 18 year old midfielder on at right back - who promptly gave away a penalty with his first touch when we were edging our way to an undeserved 1-0 win. We then fell apart and Macc scored a second. Our bench was as weak as I've ever known it, even in the darkest of days. Our first eleven is strong, good enough for a playoff spot even - but the squad is so thin that these injuries have left us looking like relegation candidates. I fear Lincoln could run up a cricket score on Tuesday...

On the plus side, I had a great day out - the Waters Green doesn't open til noon, so a swifty in the George and Dragon was followed by a couple back in the Waters Green and a cab to the ground for some very pleasant hospitality (with Hobgoblin on draught, a bonus as we'd feared it'd be something dire like John Smiths). Called in at the Macc Tavern for some post-match menders and grabbed fish and chips before stumbling onto my train home.

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                            Witton Albion .V. Solihull Moors F.A. Cup Fourth Qualifying Round.

Our 100th F.A. Cup campaign has gone remarkably well so far. We've seen off two sides from higher leagues in Spennymoor and F.C. United to reach this round for the first time in seven years.

Solihull are 5th in The National League however and we're God knows where in the Evostick League so this could be a bridge too far. Just hoping for a good game and to do
                            ourselves justice even if we lose.
                            We had our moments but, as I suspected, Solihull were too strong for us and deserved the 2-0 win.

On the plus side I got a cheer for catching the ball when a Moors player skied a cross into the terrace.

Comment

Forest Hill Park 0-2 Lewisham Borough

In light of their being no midweek thread I'll lump the Ladywell Arena Derby (Elathleticstrackico) in here. I watch Lewisham regularly, but had never been to a Forest Hill home game until tonight, so was surprised to see that they charge £1 more for the same experience.

Anyway, good close game this that could have gone either way, and looked to be tipping Forest Hill's way until 10 minutes from time when Borough, having just wasted a one-on-one, got through again on the break and their number nine cut back inside to find the bottom corner. The goal sparked a pile-on by the corner flag that even the Borough 'keeper ran the length of the field to join in with. I've seen Borough throw away leads before, but instead they wrapped it up three minutes from time with the best solo goal I'm likely to see this season. The nine again, skipped past two home players on the touchline, nutmegging the second, before embarking on a long, mazy diagonal run to goal that ended with him blasting in a shot from 10 yards. Cue a second corner-flag pile-on of the night. It was worth the extra £1 just to see a smile on chairman Ray's face.

That's Lewisham's third league win of the season; the most they've managed in a single campaign in the last five seasons is four wins.

Comment

I really should've gone with Ladywell-classico instead of El-athleticstrackico

Comment

Working...
                                X