No announcement yet.

Poppycock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boro had a minute's silence for the Leicester helicopter crash before the Wednesday league cup match, I imagine a few clubs did it that week.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      This seems to be the general thread now for all poppy stuff. How about pizzas?

https://twitter.com/biglhist/status/...233905153?s=09

https://twitter.com/biglhist/status/1059543914233905153?s=09
      I saw pizzas with "MUM" written in various pizza toppings for Mother's Day.

Comment

A guy just walked in the pub wearing a poppy. Posh Dublin accent natch.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Those guys seem to be on a North Korean General level of medals
          Not, really. It's just a reflection of the Uk's foreign policy over the last 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            A guy just walked in the pub wearing a poppy. Posh Dublin accent natch.
            I'm sure he has a story about some distant relative in the Dublin fusiliers that he was never able to respect.

Comment

I saw two people wearing one each on the Eindhoven University of Technology grounds. Not sure they thought about it at all. There have been a few Anglo-Dutch wars over the years...

Comment

Originally posted by Posh Dubliner
                just walked in the pub and some guy is staring at my jacket lapel. Weird Dunfermline accent natch
                Remind us about those recent Anglo Dutch Wars Wouter?

Comment

Two of of the coaches of one side in the Lugano v Frölunda CHL Ice Hockey game the other day were wearing poppies, I assumed they were Canadian.

Comment

Yes. Many of the NHL coaches are doing so too.

Good game, too. Horrific main camera angle though.

Comment

I am surprised that GO hasn't mentioned that Wealdstone are wearing a one-off kit for their match against us on Saturday that replicates their 1918 one. I actually don't mind the idea and execution of the kit - with no manufacturer's or sponsor's logo - but the badge is overdone. They are also placing a memorial at the club.

Comment

That's pretty classy, all told. (Although agree about the badge)

Comment

Different code (Gloucester rugby union), but the state of this

Comment

Maidenhead's shirt for the game against Portsmouth includes silhouette images of soldiers as well as the obligatory poppy transfer.

Comment

It seems like poppy themed corner flags are a thing now.

Comment

Pleasingly Leicester are poppy free. Every cloud and all that

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  Pleasingly Leicester are poppy free. Every cloud and all that
                                  They'll be changing into shirts with embroidered poppies for the second half. At least they haven't mown a poppy into the pitch this season.

Comment

Disappointing.

Comment

It appears every club in Ligues 1 et 2 will be wearing the Bleuet de France for the centenary.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Different code (Gloucester rugby union), but the state of this

This picture has turned Ursus into a Moore St Trader.

That shirt looks contagious

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDRpaksbtesYWkhw8

Comment

Fucking hell... I'd have been on the blower to the RSPCA.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                              This picture has turned Ursus into a Moore St Trader.

That shirt looks contagious
                                              I saw a bit of that match and it looked like Glaws had caught some dreadful pox.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                                Maidenhead's shirt for the game against Portsmouth includes silhouette images of soldiers as well as the obligatory poppy transfer.

Another shirt straight from the Streatham Rovers twitter feed. Especially when paired with their pink camo keeper’s kit.

Comment

Working...
                                                X