Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend non-match going thread

Well.

With "no football" on at the weekend, I did essay a look at the Non-League Saturday website for the weekend.

The only match in Sheffield is Hallam FC v Charnock Richard (FA Vase)

Oh well.

Pubs are open, and it's not as if I would have been going to another match anyway.

Crewe away, in the Gresty Road End with one of my best mates who supports them. My part in the Barry Bennell/Andy Woodward/Dario Gradi storm will not be mentioned.

Comment

There are the "Crunch Euro Nations League qualifiers" (c) Daily Star to look forward to. Have you not got the St George's bunting up yet?

Comment

Either Grange Albion v Caerphilly Athletic or Barry Town v Carmarthen Town Grange is free and a 5 minute walk. Barry £6 and a short train ride away. Probably Grange and a couple of pints...

Comment

What's wrong with Hallam FC? Second oldest club in the world! Actually, I've been meaning to ask, did you used to be someone else, Bretwalda?

My Non-League Day plans are stymied slightly by the fact Wimbledon have a home game on Saturday afternoon, though it would be tempting to give it a miss as they are on an appalling run of form and leaders Portsmouth are the visitors.

As it is, I will probably make the gesture of seeing a game on Non-League Day Eve with Southall v Sheerwater in the Vase on Friday night.

I may make Lakeside Hammer's home second leg of the SGB Championship Play-Off Semi-Final against Peterborough Panthers at Rye House on Sunday afternoon too.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-10-2018, 16:03.

Comment

Bretwalda was Guy Profumo

Comment

Ah, thanks. I had a theory that might be the case.

Comment

I will be in Split this weekend and my option appears to be Split vs Primorac Stobrec in the third division (South) if I am free (which I may not be). Split are bottom on one point but have won 2 so their points tally must be influenced by some shenanigans

Comment

A nasty thought just hit me but thankfully Croatia England on Friday is in Rijeka. Thank fuck

Comment

Somerset Eagles vs Vasco on Sunday afternoon. Might get to Bermuda vs Sint Maarten on Friday night as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      I will be in Split this weekend and my option appears to be Split vs Primorac Stobrec in the third division (South) if I am free (which I may not be). Split are bottom on one point but have won 2 so their points tally must be influenced by some shenanigans
                      RNK (nee Anarch) Split, I assume, ad hoc? Was interesting in seeing them but seeing Hadjuk won out. An alternative is HNK Trogir which is about 30 minutes outside of Split. Trogir is a walled town situated on one of the islands and the football pitch takes up about a quarter of it. It is also the only pitch I have ever visited that is between a fortress and the turrets of the fortress. They were away last Saturday so could be home this Saturday.

Comment

With Yeovil having 3 internationals, our home game against them has been postponed.

The only positive thing about Cheltenham Town at the moment, that I can think of, is at least we won't get beat this weekend!!

Comment

After the disappointment of our F.A.I cup semi-finals defeat on Monday it's more cup action,at home to Sutton Utd in the Scottish fizzy drinks cup! By the way Carlisle United fans, commiserations from all at Bohemians over the death of ex United and Bohs player Tony Hopper at just 42

Comment

Is that the best Boh's goal ever?

Comment

Skill wise it's up there,unfortunately it means nothing in the end

Comment

Hoping to get to Barry Town v Carmarthen on Saturday.

Comment

Yeah, but did you see it live? I mean if you saw that live you're going to remember it long after you forget your own name, never mind who won the FAI cup this year.

Comment

I saw it live all right,I was nearly right behind it,Morris has a hell of a shot on him,he scored one nearly as good against Bray Wanderers earlier in the season

Comment

I’m going to Thursday night’s Wales v Spain game, having committed to it before realising it was a friendly.

A friendly, FFS.

Comment

Birthplace of Jim Baxter for Hill of Beath v Musselburgh.

Comment

A first visit to Spotland and Rochdale vs Doncaster Rovers for non-non-league day

Comment

After going to Vulcan a couple of weeks ago, I am going to what I believe is the only other team in the English pyramid to share a name with a Star Trek planet - Romulus. They are hosting Wellington in the FA Vase. Afterwards I should have just about enough time to get to the "Scottish" Challenge Cup tie between Connah's Quay and Coleraine.

Comment

Carlisle v Morecambe, by rail for a change - assuming Northern Rail's industrial action doesn't stop me getting from Southport to Wigan.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                                I’m going to Thursday night’s Wales v Spain game, having committed to it before realising it was a friendly.

A friendly, FFS.
                                                Apparently they are playing at the Millennium Stadium (aka Principality Rebrand Stadium)

Are Spain that big a draw, these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                                                  A first visit to Spotland and Rochdale vs Doncaster Rovers for non-non-league day
                                                  FYI, I recall the chip shop opposite the entrance to the stand the away fans are placed in being the best I’ve ever visited around a match.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X