Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket discounts for NHS/emergency workers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticket discounts for NHS/emergency workers?

Anyone's club doing these? I have an idea that Everton and Orient do but those are the only ones I know of.

Dulwich Hamlet

Comment

I used to be an NHS employee, but never considered myself worthy of discounted football tickets.

Comment

There's unemployed discount at Grimsby. Presumably the NHS/emergency workers trend is in line with the Tickets for Troops campaign and our overuse of the word hero in recent years.

Comment

Well, my question is directly related as we set up a serving armed forces discount of £3 and I am looking to get a similar one for emergency/NHS workers. We also have a hospital near(ish) the ground which means that there is a large demographic of doctors, nurses etc nearby.

Comment

Any particular reason why the NHS and not teachers or council workers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
              Well, my question is directly related as we set up a serving armed forces discount of £3 and I am looking to get a similar one for emergency/NHS workers. We also have a hospital near(ish) the ground which means that there is a large demographic of doctors, nurses etc nearby.
              years of Jeremy Hunt as your boss, I'd want to be picked for the team to make up for that

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Any particular reason why the NHS and not teachers or council workers?
                Well, I am a teacher so I wouldn't suggest that. I was thinking that, really, social workers should definitely be involved but it is a case of what I can get through initially. What would really be good is to get something for foster carers but I may go about that through another route.

Comment

How about all public sector workers?

Comment

It's definitely a thought but I think we would be breaking new ground there - not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I think it is easier to push through people who are 'heroic'. The initial NHS idea was to celebrate its 70th anniversary with a one-off match this year then roll it out to a permanent thing next season with all the emergency services.

Comment

Well who do people like to use when making really stupid comparisons with footballer's wages? The sort of person who is making that comparison isn't going to be a fan of teachers. They're clearly not a fan of thinking to begin with, so being asked to do it by teachers is simply going to cause resentment.

Comment

At Walthamstow we do it for "Students, unemployed, armed forces (active and veterans), pensioners, NHS staff", but that's not really an exhaustive list and we'll probably do a concession rate for anyone who asks nicely.

Comment

I could see doing a one off for the NHS at 70. I'd advise getting in touch with the local NHS Trust and ask them to promote it on their intranet and internal newsletters.

Comment

Working...
                          X