We won't sell any of my players to your club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won't sell any of my players to your club

Okay, so we all know that a direct transfer between Man Utd and Liverpool hasn't happened since 1964, which is maybe since half of us were born. But are there any other clubs where anything similar has happened (even if it's Portsmouth and Reading, though obviously the bigger the clubs, the more impact they would have on this thread)?

I can only find three direct transfers between Burnley and Blackburn. Walter Joyce (1964), Eric Binns (1955) and Jack Bruton (1929). There have been two loans from Rovers to Burnley (Jay McEveley and Andy Todd). Paul Robinson joined Burnley as goalkeeping cover six months after his contract at Ewood ended. Everyone else had at least one stop in between.

Comment

Just looking and it's been 16 years since a Everton - Liverpool sale (Abel Xavier, 2002).

Comment

As far as I know, Cardiff and Swansea have never sold players to each other for obvious reasons. Tony Bird was the closest with a year at Barry Town between the two. He apparently got a kicking for his 'sins'.

Comment

I am still thoroughly surprised Ajax managed to offload Angelos Charisteas to Feyenoord. They even paid a not insignificant amount of euros for him!

Comment

Arsenal and Spurs don't do much business since the Sol Campbell debacle.

We did get Rohan Ricketts from them. Does that count.

We sold them Willie Young and the sainted Pat Jennings back in the 70s.

We do seem to like getting ex Arsenal managers - terry neil and George Graham. Neither was popular.

Comment

Working...
            X