Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know how we're not supposed to like "Franchise" clubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know how we're not supposed to like "Franchise" clubs?

Well.

There's always an exception -

Livingston ban (Scottish) Sun newspaper and all associated imprints from the ground.

(Can't copy / paste text from their website, but, empty bag found at ground, is reported as "suspected cocaine stash")

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/club-state...-scottish-sun/

I had some sympathy until I saw their stadium was called the Tony Macaroni Arena. Sounds like a little piece of shit taking offence at a lie by a big piece of shit.

Comment

It sounds awful - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Macaroni

The most recently opened branch is Alla Romana in the Bruntsfield area of Edinburgh. The Edinburgh restaurant attempts to bring the atmosphere of a traditional Roman street café to Bruntsfield,

Comment

Is Tony Macaroni only a Scottish thing? Imagine Bella Pasta but with less charm, handy if you want to load the kids with carbs and get them to sleep.

Comment

Yeah, think it’s the Nardini family’s (her from This Life is one of em) attempt to diversify into Italian restaurants and not just ice cream. Their ice cream is good but, this shite looks vile. The one in Dunfermline is about the most soulless location for a restaurant going, were it not for the Ferry road branch in Embra. Guess they specialize in venues that are “handy for the car”.
          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 28-09-2018, 09:43.

Comment

Oh they have a Nordie Branch as well. Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
              Yeah, think it’s the Nardini family’s (her from This Life is one of em) attempt to diversify into Italian restaurants and not just ice cream. Their ice cream is good but, this shite looks vile. The one in Dunfermline is about the most soulless location for a restaurant going, were it not for the Ferry road branch in Embra. Guess they specialize in venues that are “handy for the car”.

One for the teenagers there?

Comment

Originally posted by The Bretwalda View Post
                One for the teenagers there?
                Someone tried to set me up with her a couple of weeks ago...

Comment

Tony Macaroni? Why does that make me picture the stereotypical Italian chef from The Simpsons?

Comment

Originally posted by gavc23 View Post
                    Is Tony Macaroni only a Scottish thing? Imagine Bella Pasta but with less charm, handy if you want to load the kids with carbs and get them to sleep.
                    So it’s like Olive Garden?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      Yeah, think it’s the Nardini family’s (her from This Life is one of em) attempt to diversify into Italian restaurants and not just ice cream.
                      Aye, the first one I saw was the old function room of Nardini's on the front at Largs. They should have just branched out with the ice cream.

Comment

Nardini’s ice cream is lovely. Had a fine tub from their Byres Road cafe last month. Not the best gelato in Scotland, but more than serviceable. The pictures of their pizza and pasta in this Macaroni franchise though, yeuch.
                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 28-09-2018, 16:59.

Comment

It’s very telling they didn’t put their name to it. A brand this stupid sounding must be high volume low quality pre made sauce/frozen pizza base shite.
                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 28-09-2018, 16:59.

Comment

A perfect match for Livvy I suppose

Comment

I'm not sure if I'd class Livi as a franchise club. Glorified works team that never really did anything as Meadowbank. It's probably better that they're no longer in Edinburgh given the way that Edinburgh City are growing and the ambitions that Spartans have.

Clyde are probably worse for me. Historic club who abandoned Glasgow with the promise of growing in Cumbernauld. It hasn't happened for them there and they're stuck with a stadium that doesnt really suit them. It's out of the town centre, has terrible transport links and the local public just haven't bought into them being there.

Comment

Originally posted by ember View Post
                                Someone tried to set me up with her a couple of weeks ago...
                                This shouldn't be allowed to pass without further embellishment.

Comment

That's what I thought.

Comment

Yeah, spill the beans, ember...!

Comment

Nothing much to add really. She was at a party a couple of mates were throwing as she's a neighbour. The wife of said couple is forever trying to set me up (despite my protestations) and this was just the the latest. Slightly awkward as her husband is the one with the massive crush on Ms. Nardini, something he had to 'fess up to when his future wife first moved in.

Comment

Working...
                                      X