No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bristol Rovers skull looks much more like something found on an archaeological dig than the Poole Pirates one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Remind you of this?

That's That's speedway isn't it?

I think I was thinking Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      The Pirates is their proper nickname (and represented in their current badge) while The Gas just isn't.
      Am aware due to regular trips to the Mem. Would love to see a Gas themed one though. Maybe that blue flame from the ads in the 80s.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Yep. And I'm sure I've seen it on black as well

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gregario View Post
              Have they though? The lion looks like a drunk uncle on a wedding reception dancefloor
              Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 11-11-2022, 15:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Would love to see a Gas themed one though
                JF.jpg
                Comes in roundel format already...

Comment

Have they though? The lion looks like a drunk uncle on a wedding reception dancefloor
                  It looks like they've copied Chelsea's homework.

Comment

Or like it's trying to swat a pesky fly

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

It looks like they've copied Chelsea's homework.
                      I don't get this 'Chelsea copy' thing. Villa 1973-1990:

Very little change; the lion is the other (wrong) way round, '1874' replaces 'F.C.' and the little star from recent Villa badges is retained, commemorating Tommy Ball, the only professional footballer in England to be murdered. Or something else that happened in time immemorial. In any case, it doesn't particularly look like Chelsea's badge to me. That looks more like a drunken lion clutching a belisha beacon for support (Google it, non-UK OTF-ers).​

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                        I don't get this 'Chelsea copy' thing.
                        I know you've had a roundel before but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Less facetiously - any idea why the lion's been flipped?

Comment

Or like it's trying to swat a pesky fly
                          I was thinking old school Godzilla lumbering about and crushing tiny model buildings at random.

That proposed Bristol Rovers badge looks like the logo for a bad video game franchise, not opposed to the skull and bones on principle but the execution is kind of cartoony-looking. No worse than their current clip art pirate though

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

I know you've had a roundel before but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Less facetiously - any idea why the lion's been flipped?
                            Apparently because we had a lion that way round in the 1870s or 1880s for a couple of years. Every other iteration has been the 'normal' way. Or, if you prefer corporate speak, the forward facing lion represents the club's ambition for the future, or some such b-----ks. No excuse for the little star, maybe it's for the Christmas tree.

Comment

The newest crest to appear in Irish soccer, unfortunately there's an unintentional similarity to the old RIC logo:

4cYpYN_E_400x400.jpg

Comment

original.png

Comment

I knew it looked familiar

Comment

Basildon United have a new crest. I'd never seen their previous crest before. It's certainly a memorable one

Seems to be based on a local statue

https://twitter.com/BasUtdFC/status/1597943674515918850?s=20&t=pcuXr-dUKSfBH7q3NE6xlg

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                      The newest crest to appear in Irish soccer, unfortunately there's an unintentional similarity to the old RIC logo:

4cYpYN_E_400x400.jpg
                                      Thats very odd, the RIC similarity. The crown on the harp makes it look very much like a homage to the RIC! I'm assuming the crown is a reference to the Kingdom?

Is it green and white stripes for the team I've just realised are KFC?

Comment

Yeah, the crown is just referring to "The Kingdom". The underage teams who have represented the KDL have generally gone with green shirts and white shorts, but given this will be the first strip of a senior club, separate to that set-up, they can pretty much go with any design they want when the first jersey is revealed.

This is the Kerry District League logo, which they clearly wanted to pay tribute to, while adding their own twist for trademarking purposes:

Comment

Wexford ditch Mick Wallace's "Torino crest and colour scheme", and adopt the local GAA colours:

https://twitter.com/WexfordFC/status/1600559265999073281

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                            Wexford ditch Mick Wallace's "Torino crest and colour scheme", and adopt the local GAA colours:

https://twitter.com/WexfordFC/status/1600559265999073281
                                            They are certainly trying to hit all bases by paying tribute to the United Irishmen and the local landowners of the 17th and 18th centuries. It's inclusive, if nothing else.

About time they shed the last remnants of Wallace - long overdue. Just need to shift him out of the European parliment

Comment

Originally posted by fospheny View Post
                                              Basildon United have a new crest. I'd never seen their previous crest before. It's certainly a memorable one

Seems to be based on a local statue

https://twitter.com/BasUtdFC/status/1597943674515918850?s=20&t=pcuXr-dUKSfBH7q3NE6xlg
                                              The link appears dead. I've always been bemused by Basildon's previous badge.

Comment

Slight makeover for the Italian Football Federation

italia_figc_2023_logo_before_after.png

Comment

I mentioned that on the kit thread when the new Adidas ones were launched.

It's a negative change for me, the new badge looks like a dodgy, generic one on a snide market stall copy.

Comment

Very much so, and the full version (as opposed to that used on kits) is even worse.

The Italian Federation didn't have an official logo/crest/badge until 1984 and has now had three since 2006 (and two since 2017).

Speaking of such garments

https://twitter.com/phildelves/status/1617565795336478721?s=20&t=ernDeFT83c9Oc-nF9aNNww

Comment

Working...
                                                    X