No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't expect the new name and badge to survive or the old ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
      I'm three years late to this and I can't upload images from my phone (which is mildly annoying) but I really like Nantes Atlantique new logo, especially in contrast to their old logo.

I'd always assumed that they were part of the same club as Handball Club de Nantes.

Are there any other sports clubs named after airports?
      In the middle of John Gurney's mad phase owning Luton, he wanted to change their name to London Luton FC.

Comment

I'd never come across the Gurney story before, and am now halfway through the Trouble at the Top BBC documentary (it's on Youtube).

Gurney comes over as a spectacularly dim individual, to a pathetic degree. Terrible thing to say, but it's slightly leavening what is a very depressing story how daft this bastard sounds.
        Last edited by beak; 18-01-2021, 22:51.

Comment

I was involved in the shenanigans at the time with the Luton Trust. It was amazing, meeting in all sorts of locations around the town plotting how to get the club out of his hands. Gurney had clearly failed to realise that a league club, however unfashionable and lowly, was a different order of magnitude than a non-league club and thought it would be a slightly bigger Bedford.

Comment

I'm now watching They Think It's All Rovers. Good lord.

Comment

Not a club, but a whole league - From 2003 to 2015 there was the London City Airport Sunday League

Comment

Down here, there's Crawley Down Gatwick, who play in the Southern Combination and have a plane on their club badge. They changed their name from something else a few years ago.

(Crawley Down is a village a couple of miles from Gatwick Airport.)

Comment

Inter Milano should just be called Internazionale.

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                    Down here, there's Crawley Down Gatwick, who play in the Southern Combination and have a plane on their club badge. They changed their name from something else a few years ago.

(Crawley Down is a village a couple of miles from Gatwick Airport.)
                    They renamed (from Crawley Down) to avoid being confused with Crawley Town once the latter were promoted into the Football League.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
                      I'm now watching They Think It's All Rovers. Good lord.
                      It's OK, we can (almost) laugh at it now.

Comment

I played football against Aer Lingus FC at both schoolboy and adult level, I don't think they still exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                          Inter Milano should just be called Internazionale.
                          I don't know if you're restating the correct position that they should be, and are currently, called Internazionale or just haven't seen the story that the club are apparently planning to be known as Inter Milano?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post

They renamed (from Crawley Down) to avoid being confused with Crawley Town once the latter were promoted into the Football League.
                            Crawley Down is further from Gatwick than Crawley Town's ground is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I don't know if you're restating the correct position that they should be, and are currently, called Internazionale or just haven't seen the story that the club are apparently planning to be known as Inter Milano?
                              Just a knee jerk reaction to the possibility of Inter Milano.

Comment

San Marinese schoolchildren given a fighting chance

https://twitter.com/planetafobal/status/1357867267472691200

Comment

Here's a swift-free Walsall badge, knocked up by the club in support of the WWF's #WorldWithoutNature campaign.

Comment

Everybody's first favourite West Midlands teams are in on the action too.

Comment

The Wolves badge vastly improved, there.

Comment

Folland Sports of the Wessex League were founded by members of an aircraft factory and used to be called Folland Aircraft.They have a natty flight badge.

I visited their ground on a midweek evening and through the gloom noticed an aircraft situated just outside the ground. A nice little nod to the history of Hamble.

Comment

That’s a Folland Gnat. I made an Airfix one.

Nice badge.

Comment

Kingston has a great historical link with aviation as Sopwith and then Hawker (Siddely) and British Aerospace were based there.

Sadly I don't think the town itself makes much this let alone the local sporting clubs or bodies, though there is a former first class cricket ground still called the Hawker Centre.
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-03-2021, 20:08.

Comment

The new Inter badge is maybe not quite as awful as feared upthread, though I am still unsure about this reemphasis of the club's name and branding.

I'm forced to wonder if the more radical changes were originally leaked deliberately to make what was actually launched seem more palatable.

https://twitter.com/inter_en/status/1376804489307492352?s=21
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-03-2021, 09:31.

Comment

I had the same reaction

The heavy emphasis on English is a bit jarring as well

Comment

I presumed that was because it was the English language account and there was an Italian version too, not the case?

Comment

The whole conceit doesn't work in Italian

Comment

Working...
                                                    X