The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
    Atherton LR's new badge is a more successful rebrand - personally I wouldn't have bothered with the 'AFC' on the chimney, but otherwise it looks pretty decent.

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8220
    The blurb to go with it is hilarious. I am sure the facts and quotes are made up.

"Atherton LR have updated their club badge ahead of the 2020/21 season, making it more modern and immediately identifiable as that of the football club.

The previous badge was the Atherton coat of arms which had been the club's badge as long as anyone can remember. However with many clubs having coat of arms which may not be well known, the club wanted something more modern, that stood out and what people could immediately point to as LR's badge.

Speaking about the design, LR Chairman Shaun Lynch said "We have discussed a lot recently about moving away from our old badge of the coat of arms to something more personal. Our club was started by Joe Riley and Jack Crilly from the old Laburnum mill back in 1956. It was important to us that we had that on the badge and that the badge was in our colours, and I think we have achieved that.

"We are delighted with the design, and we will use it from this point on. The kit for next season will have this new badge on it, as will all our supporting clothing. A big thanks goes to Morgan Robinson and his team in fine tuning the design. They have done a great job".

A short video has been released by the club outlining the design, and this can be viewed below.

Comment

Hmm. The underwhelming new Icelandic FA logo I posted the other month appears to have either been ditched already, or never used, because they now seem to be going with this far better effort:

More detail and branding applications, including some very nice shirts
      Last edited by Mumpo; 03-07-2020, 11:37.

Comment

That’s horrific.

Comment

Transformers springs to mind.

Comment

I presumed from the guff on the link it was an attempt at some kind of 'Game of Thrones' schtick.

Comment

Yeah prolly shoulda just stuck to that other one huh.

Comment

I like the new one. Distinctive and cleverly referencing national mythology.

Comment

It's sad that I recognise what the new one's about as a result of the Flag thread over on World, where the four creatures guarding the coasts of Iceland came up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                    I like the new one. Distinctive and cleverly referencing national mythology.
                    I'm with you. I can't think of any way it could be more uniquely Icelandic and that has to be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                      It's sad that I recognise what the new one's about as a result of the Flag thread over on World, where the four creatures guarding the coasts of Iceland came up.
                      I wondered why I was getting deja vu. All over again.

Comment

The crest of the Belgian FA - sorry, the crest of the Royal Belgian FA - gets a horrendous makeover

Comment

(Sorry, have they played in this already?)

Comment

But clubs and teams with a strong identity don't forever bugger about with their badge

Or they do, but once they've found a good one, stick with it, or merely change it slightly.

(unless they've been forced to change for copyright reasons say)
                            ​​​​​

Comment

I think that new Belgian crest is an improvement. It would be altogether better without the crown and laurel wreath though and it looks like the text is inside the crest on the shirt itself which I would need a better look at.

Comment

That’s nice. Like it. Better than a roundel.

Comment

That badge was introduced last November, in connection with the FA's 125th anniversary

It is an improvement on its banal predecessor, and while I hare Ray's view on the crown and laurel, they are a signifier of royal patronage and therefore difficult to shed. It is interesting to see that they chose to solve the problem of the acronym being rather different in French and Flemish by using neither and going with English.

Comment

Why is the text in English on a Belgian badge?

Comment

Because it is seen as a way not to take sides, rather like

Comment

Bexhill United have undertaken one of the most necessary rebrands of a badge possible.

I think we can all agree that club badges that are basically just a football are abhorrent and they litter non-league football. My personal opinion is that any club sporting one should be docked 30 points a season every season until they end their malign ways.

Bexhill used to be offenders but have switched to quite a nice, neat modern crest that manages to still use a tiny, stylised football but does so to cleverly reference their Pirates nickname. Quite impressive for a tenth tier side :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-12-2020, 11:19.

Comment

It's a bit "DesignEvo template" but still a massive improvement. And yeah, a football club crest with a football on it is blatantly unnecessary; it's like a bizarre off-shoot of the Droste effect.

Comment

Sevilla FC reveals new folklore-inspired crest and visual identity

The typeface is excellent. Not so sure about the monochrome crest.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                              It's a bit "DesignEvo template" but still a massive improvement. And yeah, a football club crest with a football on it is blatantly unnecessary; it's like a bizarre off-shoot of the Droste effect.
                                              Nah. Don't agree.

It's like not having football club or FC on the badge

(Though rot started to set in when local municipalities started banning clubs from using their coats of arms and crests)

Comment

I am always fascinated by the endurance of the Adidas Telstar as The Definitive Football in England, particularly since I don't think I've ever seen that design of ball used in this country for senior match (apart from that season when Fila wheeled it out for the National League.)

Comment

Very much agree with Mumpo on the Sevilla typeface, which is excellent.

Their badge history is rather interesting, illustrating (among other things) how they have always struggled with the baroque level of detail "required" for the trio of saints taken from the crest of the city itself. One can only imagine how many young residents decided to support Betis because they couldn't draw them.

The image won't load, but here is a link.
                                                  http://lafutbolteca.com/tag/escudo-futbol-sevilla-fc/

All that said, if anyone proposes changing the mosaic at the Sanchez Pizjuan, we riot.

Comment

My instant feeling towards that Sevilla typeface is a strong dislike. It's tricksy and far too pleased with itself.

Rakitic's name looks like a twee logo for a shoeshine stall.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X