Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
    A bit of a round-up,

That Watford competition makes me realise that, when we have a badge vote next year, we shouldn't have a longlist.

It also make me wonder why Watford's spirit insect is a hornet and not the much more alliterative wasp. I could look it up but I prefer to be informed by OTF.
    Because they play in yellow red and black not just yellow and black?

Comment

More lampost banner for nascent "Arts District", I'd say

And an absolute world away from their original look

Comment

Is that actually drawn by a Viz cartoonist?

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-01-2020, 13:20.

Comment

Watford's kit has changed considerably over the course of the club's history. The club's kit featured various combinations of red, green and yellow stripes, before a new colour scheme of black and white was adopted for the 1909–10 season. These colours were retained until the 1920s, when the club introduced an all-blue shirt. After a change of colours to gold shirts and black shorts for 1959–60, the team's nickname was changed to The Hornets, after a popular vote via the supporters club. These colours remained until 1976, when Watford's kits started featuring red, and the gold was changed to yellow. That colour scheme has continued into the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            Is that actually drawn by a Viz cartoonist?

"Big Joe Hanna and his fookin' big spanner".

Comment

Dunno about the cartoonist (Cal might), but it was of the period

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                More lampost banner for nascent "Arts District", I'd say

And an absolute world away from their original look

Thanks for including the proper logo and colors.

No idea on who created it. It's a bit of a ludicrous team name, but it totally fit Tulsa. The present logo/badge is really really awful.

The mascot is a far more realistic roughneck than the "Golden Driller" over at the Tulsa Fairgrounds.

Love going to see NM United, but their badge is pretty worthless.

Comment

EDIT: So the USL team has been rebranded "Tulsa FC" - my better half pointed out that the bird in the new logo is the state bird of Oklahoma, the scissor-tailed flycatcher.

She thinks the new logo would be perfect for a Tulsa megachurch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post

Love going to see NM United, but their badge is pretty worthless.

Shame - New Mexico has the best state flag IMHO. I wonder if it was possible to have incorporated it in some way?

Comment

It was suggested

There is also the old Albuquerque Dukes' take

Comment

Proves my point completely.

Comment

I'm with Ray on the Tulsa badge.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            It was suggested

Never saw the Burnley/West Ham/Scunthorpe/Aston Villa design before.

I know that the Pueblo of Zia is way more vocal about the loose and abundant use of their symbol. I can easily let go of the Zia symbol, but my main gripe is that I wish NM Utd had at least used the colors of the state flag, gold and maroon, vs. the an ordinary black and yellow.

Comment

New badge, colours and name for Real Garcilaso of Peru, now Cusco FC

[URL="https://twitter.com/planetafobal/status/1218724069085937669?s=21"]https://twitter.com/planetafobal/status/1218724069085937669[/URL]

Comment

Oh dear. For some reason the Football Association of Iceland has decided to replace their distinctive flag-based logo with this nonentity...

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post
                                  Oh dear. For some reason the Football Association of Iceland has decided to replace their distinctive flag-based logo with this nonentity...

Eek. That looks like the logo of a local electrical repair company (Kev Services International maybe) or something - will they be travelling to matches in a white van?

Comment

I thought exactly the same kind of thing – it looks like it belongs to an entirely faceless 'KSI Logistics', whoever or whatever that might be. Something to do with either packaging or distribution. Or potentially a minor Middle Eastern airline.

Comment

All they really needed to do with the old crest was to tidy the football up a bit - it looks like those shitty ones you get on road signs (and yes, I have been reading Humble Pi - however did you guess?).

THE BLACK BITS ON A TELSTAR ARE PENTAGONS!

Comment

Atherton LR's new badge is a more successful rebrand - personally I wouldn't have bothered with the 'AFC' on the chimney, but otherwise it looks pretty decent.

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8220

Comment

PSV's crest gets a cleaned-up 'S', a smoother font for the date and a couple of stars

Comment

Is the gold-y sort of colour around the edge slightly darker too? The P and the V are also very slightly different (the angle of the extraneous bit is a bit changed). Did they set this as a Spot the Difference for the programme?

Comment

The EST 1913 is a bit bigger too.

As minimal tidy ups go it's fine.

Comment

The stars are a bit like eyes on a cartoon monster though

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                  The stars are a bit like eyes on a cartoon monster though
                                                  COOKIE!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

COOKIE!
                                                    Yep!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X