No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The D in 'The Doors' isn't rounded at the bottom.

This shape of B is pure Bauhaus, see e.g.

Bayer Universal (1925)

Futura Black (1926)

Comment

Top marks to Fussbudget. Worth noting that Henry Van der Velde, a Belgian, was an important figure in the early history of that movement and designed several important works in Weimar before he was forced to leave during the Great War.

Though that particular typeface was designed by Herbert Bayer, an Austrian who moved to the US after WWII

Comment

Though trying to find out more on the design process has left me confused, as both the FA website and their "2018-20" kits use the "old" crest

Comment

I've had a massive brain fart, haven't I? Must stop eating the orange stickered stuff from the Co-op.

Comment

I found an embroidered patch on the pavement outside my house this morning, which turns out to be from local grassroots club Kew Park Rangers
            Their badge puts many more senior outfits' efforts to shame.

Comment

This should interest many on this board: a new badge and other visual stuff for Wales FA. Whaddya think?

See more at FAW website: https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/new-vi...ews/&pos=1

Comment

I like that the dragon is more "filled in" and aggressive-looking but we really need to sort out that crick in its neck.

Comment

I don't think a new badge is the most pressing concern for the FAW.

Comment

Why is he wearing trousers?

Comment

So he can put his claws in his pockets and whistle innocently when something goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                        I found an embroidered patch on the pavement outside my house this morning, which turns out to be from local grassroots club Kew Park Rangers
                        Their badge puts many more senior outfits' efforts to shame.

Is that an exhortation or a command under the crest?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Is that an exhortation or a command under the crest?
                          Good question. Perhaps the badge I found had been cast to the ground by a youthful individualist who couldn't stomach the KPR groupthink.

Comment

Better get used to this one, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post

Looks like a logo for a contraception clinic/ device

Comment

Looks like someone tried to make a mobius strip but got it wrong.

Comment

As a friend said

It looks like something that was once beautiful, now twisted and melting from extreme heat.

So perfect, really

Comment

I think the logo is ok. It's just absolutely everything else about the 2022 World cup which is awful.

Comment

Candidates for a new Watford badge

The club has held an open contribution for fans and this is the subsequent longlist. A group of 900 fans will vote to cut to a shortlist of five, which will go to a vote alongside the current badge. They asked the fans on the panel not to distribute the longlist designs, which has gone about as well as you'd expect.

Comment

Were they specifically instructed to kill off the Hart?

Comment

Of those, I'd pick K as a piece of design but I still don't think any of them have the charm of the hart's head. I get wanting to switch (back) to a hornet, though.

Comment

D and Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post

No, let's just ignore it. Nobody go to any games, including qualifiers, watch them on TV, read about them, or write about them. The "2022 World Cup" is like "MK Dons": it doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                D and Q.
                                                Quite like I personally, but the current badge is aesthetically insuperable.

Comment

And it features the wrong animal.

Comment

I do welcome the range of styles in there.

A. Is clever, doesn't feel right for a sports team badge. 90s cartoon villain?
                                                    B if you told me that was the current badge, I'd believe you. It's the right shape and colour. I can;t remember what the icon is.
                                                    D I really like the line style of the hornet, wasp? bee? Drawn by Chris Ware?
                                                    E French second division team
                                                    G Samurai wasp
                                                    H Secret society symbol, prominent on the cover of a 70s 'non'-fiction bestseller
                                                    L Energy Drink
                                                    M Bundesliga
                                                    N 80's knock off replica kit
                                                    O IPA pump label

The rest all feel a bit, not special.

I like E and M. But I've no tie to the club at all, and no real awareness of its history.

Edit: I've now looked at the current logo. It looks sort of moose-y.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X