No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah as modern badges go that BCFC one is pretty decent. I mean, compare to Hull FFS.

And Simon G that's bad luck. It's a swallow with a red belly.

Comment

That BC badge looks like an updated version of the Sheffield Wednesday logo from back in the 80s.

(I can't seem to upload a pic but I'm sure you all know the one I mean)

Comment

I also like how they've made the profile of the robin look a bit like a capital B.

Comment

Was... now!

Comment

Is it just me, or does the before look like a moustachioed face?

Big improvement imo

Comment

Notice there's now a stylised Klansman in the middle of the new one, presumably to reflect the Salvini era in Italy

Comment

That new one is a bit Avengers ;

Comment

Cross over from the kit thread.

I have a crime to report

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Cross over from the kit thread.

I have a crime to report

That looks like a medical diagram on a leaflet for some kind of venereal issue

Comment

That new Nantes crest is atrocious. You'd like to see at least a little history and continuity (same problem the Jj crest).

But, to be fair, none of the previous FC Nantes badges are all that great; they're much too busy and intricate. Although they still could've come up with something much better than that minimalist one.
                      Last edited by KyleRoteJr.; 24-05-2019, 07:46. Reason: why don't dashes show up in posts?

Comment

The 1955 one is all right.

Comment

Is the ship on older Nantes badges considered a bit slave-y these days?

Comment

The city is trying to deal with that aspect of its history through other means and has not thought it necessary to change its crest or flag.

Comment

Ultimately it was a port and remains a port. So a ship is OK I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                Is the ship on older Nantes badges considered a bit slave-y these days?
                                As a supporter of a club with a ship badge it has always bothered me that the Argyle ship appears to be sailing back from the new world. I always imagine if it was superimposed on a map it would look wrong. The direction of other Pilgrims of Boston United have it pointing west.

Comment

Which would take it onto the beach in Lincolnshire...

Comment

Further to my posts in the Roy of the Rovers thread, Gloucester City's new badge/crest:

It incorporates the docks, the cathedral and the shield is the Gloucester city crest. Prorsum Semper - Ever Forward - is the motto for Gloucestershire apparently.

Comment

It's a bit busy.

Comment

Rather difficult to sketch in a school notebook, but it is cheering to see that the minimalist trend illustrated by Juventus and Nantes isn't the only game in town.

Comment

It was definitely mid 90s (Vialli/Zola/Wise era) before I started seeing Chelsea shirts and coming across Chelsea supporting colleagues in my West Yorkshire/Scunthorpe stamping grounds.
                                          Growing up it was Liverpool/Man Utd, with a smattering of Arsenal and Spurs reflecting their consecutive FA Cup finals around the time my cohort was becoming football-aware.

Comment

That Gloucester City badge is a complete mess, but on the plus side I've just learned that Gloucester has docks. Isn't it massively inland?

Comment

The city is connected by canal to the Severn Estuary.

The docks aren't a joke.

Comment

Well. Not quite the sleepy market town I was picturing.

Comment

Quite.

I was rather surprised on my first visit.

Comment

It seemed exactly as sleepy as I expected when I went there for Argentina v Georgia in the 2015 Rugby World Cup. Well, apart from the thousands and thousands of very noisy Argentinian supporters.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X