No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've never understood why they get their tiger so very wrong. Nowhere near enough white, the fur isn't fluffy enough, the teeth are too small and the ears are in the wrong place.

A tiger, yesterday:
    Last edited by Kevin S; 11-02-2019, 13:17.

Comment

And the markings are all wrong too. It's like they've drawn it while listening to someone describe a tiger over the phone rather than, you know, looking at pictures of tigers.

Comment

I don’t think you need a hybrid. It’s a leopard in Hull’s colours

Comment

It looks like someone's been overzealous with the smoothing filter in Photoshop and all the lines and fine detail have just smooshed together. At least it says "City" though.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I think the tiger's got an " I know something you don't " smile.

Comment

And a lazy eye, it's a bit Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion really.

Comment

"I've never understood why they get their tiger so very wrong. Nowhere near enough white, the fur isn't fluffy enough, the teeth are too small and the ears are in the wrong place."

This reads like one of those "That's not my tiger" kids books.

Comment

"That's not my tiger, his face isn't furry enough and AAAARRRGGGHHH MY ARM, HE'S GOT MY ARM AAAAARRRRGGHH"

Comment

I think it's just shit.

Comment

I like Hull's rubbish badge, it puts me in mind of Monty Python's Meaning of Life:

"A tiger? In Africa?" "Shhhhh!"

edit: goddamnit, how do you link to images in this new board software?

edit2: got it. christ, that's far more hard work than it needs to be in this day and age.
                      Last edited by blameless; 11-02-2019, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                        And the markings are all wrong too. It's like they've drawn it while listening to someone describe a tiger over the phone rather than, you know, looking at pictures of tigers.
                        I quite like the idea that the badge was designed in Victorian times by someone who hadn't actually seen a tiger. A sort of Dürer's tiger.

Comment

[pedantry] Surely it'd be an Edwardian in 1904? [/pedantry]

Comment

True.

Comment

It's the same image imported into Illustrator and put through a different tracing filter.

Comment

It would have been out of character for them to have paid for a new image.

Comment

Quite.

Comment

It's been stretched as well

Comment

The deliriously joyful look on its face makes me wonder what's happening out of shot.

Comment

Well, 1904 was right at the height of The Great Binge. Probably off its face on laudanum.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                          Well, 1904 was right at the height of The Great Binge. Probably off its face on laudanum.
                                          Just looked that up. Really interesting.Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

Bristol City get a hipstered Robin

The agency have been nothing if not thorough...

I like it.

Comment

At least you can tell it's a robin, not like our crock of shite.

Comment

If Bristol City's robin is stood on a football it's about four feet tall.

Comment

I really like that badge, been meaning to post it up for a few weeks.

They were accused of plagiarising Brentford but a) I don't see that they're that similar (allowing for the fact that crest design usually follows a relatively narrow remit) and b) Brentford aren't the fucking Bees anyway ;

https://twitter.com/plebotimus/status/1110644893599318016
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 05-04-2019, 13:33.

Comment

That's stupid. It's even a different shade of red.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X