No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. The first thing I thought of when I saw the new Women's Championship logo...

...was this: the Federation Against Copyright Theft. (I'm sure they won't mind me borrowing their logo here.)

And it sounds awful, but the second thing I thought was that the three semi-abstract logos together look a bit like laundry symbols or something.

Comment

The proposed new Barcelona crest, meanwhile, is presumably for people who can't read? (Or can't bear to count more than five stripes total in the lower portion of the shield.)

Bit of a microcosm that, of the use of written language in branding. The punctuation survived for 92 years but was culled in 2002, and now they've apparently decided those three letters are three too many for the modern consumer to deal with.

Comment

I do wonder if there is a sense that Bayern's adoption of "FCB" and Basel's long use of the acronym has created some sort of confusion.

Comment

On the subject of Bayern (yet veering way off topic) I hadn't realised they had joined the Qatar stable. They may not have Qatar Airways on the shirt but they appear on the welcome to Qatar video on that airline, and the Bayern shop at Doha Airport is next door to (and slightly bigger than) the PSG one.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
            the Federation Against Copyright Theft. (I'm sure they won't mind me borrowing their logo here.)
            Brilliant

Comment

Some details on Bayern and Qatar

Comment

Barca are updating their badge. https://twitter.com/goal/status/1045405431139577857

First attempt was the best in my opinion.

Comment

It might be worth reading back a few posts, ingoldale

Comment

Sorry. My earlier quick scan missed it. (And I didn't look at page 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                      Of course, as a hater of the new Juve crest, I'm biased here, but definitely prefer the old Barcelona crest to its proposed replacement:

https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1045375425025921025/photo/1
                      With the caveat that I'm not a Barca fan I wouldn't have a big problem with this one. The change, to my eye, is minimal and the new deign is a little neater.

Comment

I’m surprised Barca managed to get FCB as opposed to CFB in the crest while the old bastard was still alive. Had Catala been unbanned by ‘74?

Comment

It was never banned in private, and the ban on its use in schools or public administration as lifted in 1975.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                            With the caveat that I'm not a Barca fan I wouldn't have a big problem with this one. The change, to my eye, is minimal and the new deign is a little neater.
                            I'd agree - the only real difference is the lack of the initials and it's not like you'd see the new crest and not think "Barcelona".

Comment

When judging the new Austin crest, it probably helps to consider current local standards

Comment

I quite like the road runner one

Comment

Yes, it is quite decent, though I don’t know why they dropped the “Road”.

Comment

And the other one is total WordArt dreck.

Comment

San Antonio Roadrunners = Great name.
                                      San Antonio Runners = Below average name
                                      Austin Celtic Cowboys = Comically bad name. So bad that they deserve that crest.

Comment

Can't post images of the old/new Oxford crests for some reason but you can see them here

Oxford's Minoan Ox designed by Desmond Morris was the best crest in the UK, so the bowdlerised version is a disappointment. Since the change Oxford have 5 points from 10 games.

Comment

Maybe Roadrunners sounded too much like an athletics club

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                            Oxford's Minoan Ox designed by Desmond Morris was the best crest in the UK, so the bowdlerised version is a disappointment. Since the change Oxford have 5 points from 10 games.
                                            That's science, that is.

While I am not sure about the font on that Celtic Cowboys, I would wear the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                              That's science, that is.

While I am not sure about the font on that Celtic Cowboys, I would wear the hat.
                                              It's a hat? I thought it was a tree on a little hill in front of an ox bow lake?

Comment

*Makes note to give Bored a wide berth on 17 March*

I think that the "Runners FC" debacle may arise from the fact that the University of Texas at San Antonio's sport teams are called the "Roadrunners". While UTSA doesn't field a men's team, they do have a women's team, and I can see them threatening a club side in the guise of "protecting their intellectual property".

Comment

The St. George's cross on the new Barcelona badge doesn't fit the side of the crest properly. It follows the curve of the crest along the top, but not at the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                                    The St. George's cross on the new Barcelona badge doesn't fit the side of the crest properly. It follows the curve of the crest along the top, but not at the side.
                                                    Now I've seen that I can't unsee it and now I hate that badge

Comment

Working...
                                                    X