The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new crests/badges/logos thread

There are the annual 'New Shirts' threads but I've not seen a thread for regular postings of new (including redesigned) crests, badges, logos or whatever other categories graphic devices fall into. So here is one.

First up, the Women's Superleague, Championship and National League have all got space-age new logos...

(How do I resize these things? [IMG WIDTH=... doesn't work)

Good stuff, smart move getting rid of the blobby mess they were using for the Super League, though it's a shame they didn't apply the nice perspective effect on the new SL icon to the other two.

Then there are a couple of crests I noticed for new US teams. I'm sure David Beckham and Simon Fuller will love this one for Inter Miami, though branding team have gone a little overboard on some of the rationale...

Finally this, for Austin FC. Again, nice work, but a little over-analysed...

Last edited by Mumpo; 26-09-2018, 11:39.

Austin's looks like the logo for an "edgy, urban" t-shirt company.

Oaklandish, for instance

Comment

Are the Austin and Miami badges designed by the same shop?

Comment

I thought of Timberland at first glance (at Austin's).

Modern ball based logos, like the Women's Super League effort, tend to look a bit samey. Here's Poland's take on the theme;

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
          Are the Austin and Miami badges designed by the same shop?
          Austin was by The Butler Bros, Miami by Doubleday & Cartwright. Guess they're both trying to capture the zeitgeist, huh?

BTW the images in my OP are from the excellent Brand New, your one-stop site for new logos and general re-branding.

Comment

Perhaps surprisingly, the Austin and Miami logos were produced by completely different shops (Butler Bros. of Austin and Doubleday & Cartwright of Brooklyn, respectively).

Here's a longish piece on the process for Miami.

The sameness of their presentation reflects current groupthink in the profession over here.

Comment

(How do I resize these things? [IMG WIDTH=... doesn't work)

The new board software does the resizing automatically I believe.

Comment

Brescia have gone "contemporary"

Comment

Tragic, like so many lovely, abandoned badges.

Comment

'Contemporary' can work, I think - I really like the Miami and Austin ones above, for all their hipsterishness. The recent ultra-minimal Juve crest was great too, and there's no reason why previous versions of crests and badges can't be retained as 'heritage' versions. Yes, OK, I know... but a club has to be marketed effectively so tradition sometimes has to be sacrificed.

Things like that Brescia effort are actually horrendous though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                      Tragic, like so many lovely, abandoned badges.
                      I agree. Change is definitely not progress there

Comment

This is going to be one of the most depressing threads on here, isn't it?

Comment

I aim to please

Comment

Austin logo is nice, but the font is a bit too modern.

Futura would look fantastic on it.

Comment

From last year, but it would be remiss not to mention the Las Vegas Lights crest:

What is there to say? they wanted glitzy, they got glitzy. Shame they didn't base it on the 'Welcome to Vegas' sign. Still, I bought the shirt while I was out there...

Comment

This badge will be gracing the Canadian Premier League next season:

https://twitter.com/hfxwanderersfc/s...195072?lang=de

Comment

I’m quite fond of that, which I think is the basket of a rather mixed bag

Comment

Still recovering from the horror of Sunderland's badge change.

Comment

I still can't avoid reading 'Cavalry' as the hill they'll die on.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Brescia have gone "contemporary"

Well, at least the lion came first.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                                          This is going to be one of the most depressing threads on here, isn't it?
                                          Not at all. If you don't know, Bath City supporters have been saddled with this for the last 15ish years. I hate it. Not only is it bland, looks like clip art, it has the Droste effect of having the kit on the badge on the kit and it introduces red for some unknown reason.

One of the reasons why I got involved in the community ownership of the club was to make sure the badge was got rid of and the second motion I put in the AGM after the successful community ownership (indeed, the second motion ever) was to have a public competition to design a new badge which would then be voted for; thereby guaranteeing a worse one or the same one back. Of course, with democracy being the way it is, it all has to wait a year or two until we redevelop the ground otherwise we have to rebrand everything that is going to torn down again in a year or two's time.

However, there will be a better, well, different badge.

Comment

Of course, as a hater of the new Juve crest, I'm biased here, but definitely prefer the old Barcelona crest to its proposed replacement:

https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1045375425025921025/photo/1

Comment

Comment

Comment

For reference:

Comment

Working...
                                                  X