No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks weird. Like it's trying to be an optical illusion and the illusion is that it's not an optical illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      I presumed that was because it was the English language account and there was an Italian version too, not the case?
      Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      The whole conceit doesn't work in Italian

So no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        The new Inter badge is maybe not quite as awful as feared upthread, though I am still unsure about this reemphasis of the club's name and branding.

I'm forced to wonder if the more radical changes were originally leaked deliberately to make what was actually launched seem more palatable.

https://twitter.com/inter_en/status/1376804489307492352?s=21
        so do they not mind being called inter milan now?

Comment

I M NOT EVEN ABLE TO REMEMBER MY OWN FUCKING NAME PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post

So no.
            Very good.

Comment

When I opened the thread I actually thought it was a new Marseille badge

It's not very good is it? When you compare it to the previous one it's amazing how much it loses visually by being completely symmetrical.

Comment

Southall FC celebrate their 150th anniversary today with a tweaked badge, a roundel of course but certainly an improvement on their previous few designs :

https://twitter.com/fcsouthall/status/1377216274166648833?s=21

Comment

Those trees and rivers (I assume they're rivers) are still very Microsoft Paint.

Comment

Nice to see Norwich's new retro badg...er, wait a minute?!

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/status/1387761840986460163?s=21

Comment

You can barely see the difference.

Comment

I think that's a big improvement. I don't have a lot of time for badges that are just bastardised versions of local heraldry. Not least because I think the average seven year old should be able to draw your badge, and they're going to make it a right mess of that old one.

Comment

Let's find out what Amor de Cosmos thinks about the change.

Comment

They have been "The Canaries" since the 1920s though?

Comment

Yes but it appears from the club's blurb that they've only once had a canary on their shirts, very briefly, seventy years ago.

I may be wrong as that piece is torturously oblique, as is often the way with such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                Let's find out what Amor de Cosmos thinks about the change.
                                [Groan] I don't much care TBH. I was p-o'd enough when they changed the strip to look like Norwich's quasi-little brothers (used to be gold and black, before that gold and blue.) Changing the badge to reinforce the idea doesn't surprise me at all. If they had to change anything it should be to magenta and white halved shirts and black shorts to match the original Hitchin team, which they insist in referencing regularly (see the new badge) even though it had nothing to do with the present club.

Comment

The Rowdies have a new crest.

I'd post an image, but that doesn't work.

Comment

Hard pass

Comment

It honors the original Ralph Rowdie.

Comment

It looks like a sign for a hipster barbers in Clerkenwell.

Comment

Or Yuba City, I guess

I wouldn't give them my custom either

The grey is particularly ill considered

Comment

That bloke doesn't look very rowdy.

Comment

I'm getting a strong Simpsons vibe from it too.

Comment

The slight 3D effect and shadow on the "ROWDIES" is unsettling. And Ralph looks like he's got a squint.

Comment

Everything about that is wrong. And the lapels coming out over the border manages to emphasise all the other badness..

Comment

How long has "wordmark" been ⏃ word?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X