Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new crests/badges/logos thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    You don't expect the new name and badge to survive or the old ones?

    Comment


      Originally posted by Levin View Post
      I'm three years late to this and I can't upload images from my phone (which is mildly annoying) but I really like Nantes Atlantique new logo, especially in contrast to their old logo.

      I'd always assumed that they were part of the same club as Handball Club de Nantes.

      Are there any other sports clubs named after airports?
      In the middle of John Gurney's mad phase owning Luton, he wanted to change their name to London Luton FC.

      Comment


        I'd never come across the Gurney story before, and am now halfway through the Trouble at the Top BBC documentary (it's on Youtube).

        Gurney comes over as a spectacularly dim individual, to a pathetic degree. Terrible thing to say, but it's slightly leavening what is a very depressing story how daft this bastard sounds.
        Last edited by beak; 18-01-2021, 22:51.

        Comment


          I was involved in the shenanigans at the time with the Luton Trust. It was amazing, meeting in all sorts of locations around the town plotting how to get the club out of his hands. Gurney had clearly failed to realise that a league club, however unfashionable and lowly, was a different order of magnitude than a non-league club and thought it would be a slightly bigger Bedford.

          Comment


            I'm now watching They Think It's All Rovers. Good lord.

            Comment


              Not a club, but a whole league - From 2003 to 2015 there was the London City Airport Sunday League

              Comment


                Down here, there's Crawley Down Gatwick, who play in the Southern Combination and have a plane on their club badge. They changed their name from something else a few years ago.

                (Crawley Down is a village a couple of miles from Gatwick Airport.)

                Comment


                  Inter Milano should just be called Internazionale.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                    Down here, there's Crawley Down Gatwick, who play in the Southern Combination and have a plane on their club badge. They changed their name from something else a few years ago.

                    (Crawley Down is a village a couple of miles from Gatwick Airport.)
                    They renamed (from Crawley Down) to avoid being confused with Crawley Town once the latter were promoted into the Football League.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by beak View Post
                      I'm now watching They Think It's All Rovers. Good lord.
                      It's OK, we can (almost) laugh at it now.

                      Comment


                        I played football against Aer Lingus FC at both schoolboy and adult level, I don't think they still exist.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Sits View Post
                          Inter Milano should just be called Internazionale.
                          I don't know if you're restating the correct position that they should be, and are currently, called Internazionale or just haven't seen the story that the club are apparently planning to be known as Inter Milano?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post

                            They renamed (from Crawley Down) to avoid being confused with Crawley Town once the latter were promoted into the Football League.
                            Crawley Down is further from Gatwick than Crawley Town's ground is.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

                              I don't know if you're restating the correct position that they should be, and are currently, called Internazionale or just haven't seen the story that the club are apparently planning to be known as Inter Milano?
                              Just a knee jerk reaction to the possibility of Inter Milano.

                              Comment


                                San Marinese schoolchildren given a fighting chance

                                https://twitter.com/planetafobal/status/1357867267472691200

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X