Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol area non-league

Hi all,

I am exploring the Bristol non league scene.

Visited Manor Farm at the weekend.

I am aware of Mangotsfield and Yate (and Bath just down the road) but have I missed anyone?

Wouldn't mind checking a few out as I might be moving to Bristol in the New Year so would be looking for a team to follow. If anyone with better local knowledge knows of any other clubs in the area please let me know.

Well, as a shareholder, I will welcome you to Bath City, of course. Depends where you are, of course, but there are some great clubs around the area of which Manor Farm is one that I have been recommended and that I have to visit sometime soon. I enjoyed Yate when I went there but, being North of the M4, it isn't really Bristol as such and takes some getting to. Keynsham is one I would recommend - they don't own their ground and need the support through the turnstiles, it's a friendly club and a nice ground (if you are ok with plastic pitches) which is walking distance from the train station. There is also Bitton and Brislington (the latter being right by a Park and Ride so should be easy to get to). Fry Club are an interesting one being right next to the Cadbury's Factory and were the old works team. That whole area is being quickly gentrified and they have a lovely clubhouse there now. There's Bristol Telephones as well who are notable for their name mostly but they appear to have quite a nice ground. Aside from Bath City, I can recommend Larkhall Athletic in Bath as well who have a lovely ground with a beautiful view and is a very friendly club. The Toolstation League is a good one to check out for local teams.

Comment

Cheers Bordeaux. I will let you know next time I go to Bath. I made it up there last season for a game.

Comment

Oh really, which one?

Comment

It was either v Bognor Regis Town or Weston Super Mare. It was early December when the Christmas market was on. 0-0. It wasn't a great game. I went to a decent pub on a crossroads not too far from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
            Oh really, which one?
            Just checked - it was Bognor.

Comment

Aha, that pub was the Royal Oak where I drink before and after the match (and play the odd gig as well). Yes, that Bognor match was third in a series of consecutive 0-0s for us last season so probably not the best. We are vastly better this season.

Comment

Working...
              X