"Unai, you are awful" - weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unai, you are awful" - weekend matchgoing

Just scored a free ticket to Cardiff v Arsenal on Sunday.

I'm not sure who came up with the Dick Emery themed joke in the title. One of you clever lot did and I've nicked it.

I was planning to see Barry v Connahs Quay on Saturday but don't think I can do a double match weekend so soon after the last one. We have a lot of house-related jobs to do including picking floor laminate for the kitchen.

Cricklewood Wanderers v Risborough Rangers in the Vase. As long as Cricklewood are still playing at Vale Farm...

Comment

Wales Women v England Women in the crucial World Cup qualifier at Rodney Parade on Friday night. I’ll be amazed if Wales get another result after the rearguard action at Southampton earlier in the year.

Speaking of Soton, I’m taking The Boy to England v India at the Rose Bowl on Saturday.

Comment

You hope...

Comment

Clarets vs Olympiakos tonight. In the exceedingly likely event that they don't get through, then that will be my last trip to the Turf for a couple of months.

Comment

Dalkeith v Musselburgh Athletic, Alex Jack Cup, second round. Cup gives access to the proper Scottish Cup next season to the winners, second step along the route to The Burgh's inevitable Europa League win in two years time.

Comment

I'm going to the Monte Carlo of East Lincolnshire for Skegness Town v Clay Cross Town in the Vase. Staying over on Saturday night and doing Bradford v Keighley in the rugby on the way home.

Comment

I'm contemplating Southport v Spennymoor.

Comment

Derry's too far on a Friday and we have a shit record up there so giving it a miss, have the All Ireland Gaelic football final on Sunday

Comment

Wales v England tomorrow night in the company of RdG, followed by an as yet determined match from the 1st qualifying round of the Welsh Cup on Saturday.

Initially I'd been planning to go up to Merthyr to see last season's quarter-finalists Penydarren BGC, but will probably go for a game nearer Cardiff; Newport Corinthians v Cardiff Draconians is appealing in name at least.

Comment

Wonderful. A misprint of the opposition's name on the front of the programme...

Comment

As I'm checking the Millers' game, Cricklewood break and take the lead...

Comment

An accidental break away makes it 1-1.

Comment

Drinks break. Is there a temperature where it's supposed to happen?

Comment

Somebody somewhere is having an Indian barbecue. It smells divine.

Comment

Ridiculously easy tap-in for Risborough, is cocked up by the forwards being too excited and getting themselves offside...

Comment

Shit. Range(r)s score again.

Comment

An, er, robust challenge by Cricklewood in their own half leads to their equaliser...

Comment

I'm following Barry's win against Connahs Quay on Twitter and wishing I'd been selfish and gone for a 2 game weekend this weekend.

Comment

Nicely taken goal makes it 2-3.

Comment

Cricklewood's centre forward is someone I could swap a shirt with...

Comment

Fuck up by the Risborough keeper, and it's all square again.

Comment

And another one! 4-3!

Comment

And nearly a third one, but it hit the post...

Comment

Yet another glorious Vase win for Cricklewood Wanderers. And, apparently, Wembley won too.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X