• Time
  • Show
Clear All

crap badges again

look at this. really, look at it.

bedlington terriers fc

what a load of half-cocked rubbish.

crap badges again

Nice effect. Wish it did that on the shirt.

Comment

crap badges again

Is that a bear?

(Why is the animal on the Terriers' badge not a terrier?)

Comment

crap badges again

it's a rendition of a bedlington terrier. unfortunately, it looks like it has some chromosome issues.

Comment

crap badges again

TonTon - It's meant to be a bear, yes.

Comment

crap badges again

Hahahahahaha. What a shit dog.

Comment

crap badges again

That Bedlington Terriers badge is so bad, it would probably fail the quality criteria to become Microsoft clipart.

Badges with dogs on them are always crap. Are there any good examples? I always thought Barnsley's badge was crap.

We used to have a Bedlington Terrier. They're really nice dogs. Unfortunately, most owners cut their fur in a really stupid way.

Comment

crap badges again

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                Badges with dogs on them are always crap.
                You're wrong. Our badge is a wonderful thing:

And I like this rendering of it as well.

Comment

crap badges again

I'm all in favour of bears on football club badges. This one is the badge of Broadbridge Heath F.C., Sussex's least-well supported club. Probably on account of all the bears about the gaff, I suppose. But look at the purity of that as a club crest. No pissing about, no shields, no words, no mottos - just a bear. And it's an angry-looking sumbitch as well.

I saw Broadbridge Heath (nickname: 'The Bears') play a year ago this week, when I was editing 200%'s blog during his holidays and needed match report fodder. Not only did they not have a bear with them, but they also flattered to deceive on the pitch. They played like Brazil and yet somehow contrived to lose 4-0 to a Southwick team mainly made up of day-release prisoners.

Comment

crap badges again

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                    Badges with dogs on them are always crap. Are there any good examples?

We used to have a Bedlington Terrier. They're really nice dogs. Unfortunately, most owners cut their fur in a really stupid way.
                    Bedlington Terriers are alright, but tend to be a bit nervy. We had a crossbreed one and she was ummm... 'a character'. They're basically part-way between a poodle and a whippet. You'll almost never hear of one being nasty, though. I agree about the 'official' cut, though - it's just stupid. Bloody Kennel Club and the dog snobs they encourage!

As for doggy-related badges, well it's pushing the definition, I know, but...

Comment

crap badges again

This one is bad in a way that isn't even interesting:

I'm actually having trouble staying awake whilst looking at it.

Comment

crap badges again

My attention is drawn to the prawn in the bottom right-hand corner. The difference between a prawn and a shrimp is as follows, by the way:

Comment

crap badges again

Well, that does it, I'm calling Prawn on the Southend badge. How could they have made such a fundamental crustacean mishap?

Comment

crap badges again

It's clearly not a shrimp.

Comment

crap badges again

i like the dog on the huddersfield badge; (s)he looks a wise dog, gate-keeper of huddersfield town. they should build a huge statue of it outside the away end that poses riddles to fans before they're allowed to enter.

the old roma badge is bloody fantastic.

Comment

crap badges again

The Southend people are clearly idiots. This much said, I'm just checking the Brighton badge now in case the bird on it is actually a petrel rather than a gull. If we've fallen victim to the old Fulmar Shim-Sham, I'll be gutted.

Comment

crap badges again

Why do Oxford United have a cow on their badge, when everyone calles them the Ewes?

The badge is in serious need of updating.

Comment

crap badges again

And why are there so many duplicate animal nicknames for British football clubs? Come on, people, there's plenty of animals out there for everybody.

Comment

crap badges again

That is the fairly-recently updated Oxford Badge, innit?

I can't think of any Italian teams with genuine dogs on their badge. However, if one allows evilc's lupine approach to things canine, one can add Lecce, Avellino and Piacenza to the list.

Comment

crap badges again

Is Sammy the "Shrimp" only wearing replica kit to cover up his telltale second abdominal segment then?

Chippy is joking, yes?

Who were the club with a monkey/ape on their badge that we found at the end of a long quest?

Comment

crap badges again

The Atlanta Silverbacks of the USL First Division (the second tier in North America if we had promotion/relegation).

Comment

crap badges again

dotmund wrote:
                                            Well, that does it, I'm calling Prawn on the Southend badge. How could they have made such a fundamental crustacean mishap?
                                            You're all deluding yourselves! It's quite clearly one of these:

Comment

crap badges again

god, I could go for some of those pink shrimp sweets right now. I love the way they're made from a substance which is edible but at the same time clearly not really food.

Comment

crap badges again

dotmund wrote:
                                                god, I could go for some of those pink shrimp sweets right now. I love the way they're made from a substance which is edible but at the same time clearly not really food.
                                                It's just pink matter.

The thing is, the moment I thought of them, I had a craving for them too. But then I remembered how, one millisecond after you pop one in your mouth, all your teeth try to hurl themselves out, in reaction to the sweet, sweet brine-dwelling effigy.

Comment

crap badges again

AFC Totton

Comment

Working...
                                                  X