Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Paul on Paul action: weekend matchgoing

Rotherham United v Ipswich Town.

Doncaster Rovers vs Wycombe Wanderers for the first fanzine-selling trip north of the season.

Might also try and take in the extra-preliminary round FA Cup game between Cray Valley Paper Mills and Eastbourne Town on Sunday if I find nowt better to do.

Comment

Nice to see you lot again,for those of us in summer football land it's the cup this week so I'm off down to the (Hopefully) sunny south east to play Wexford fc, fourth year in a row we're away in the first round but it's the first one that we're not part of the only all premier league clash, should win handily and maybe dream of a cup run

Comment

If tonight counts I'm going to see TNS in a Europa qualifier.

Comment

Like elguapo I'm on an FAI Cup buzz.... Dundalk are seeking revenge five days after First Division Cobh created a shock by beating us in the League Cup semi. Roy Keane's old club will create a much greater shock if they repeat the dose in Oriel Park.
          Then on Saturday my local club (where my kids play and I coach) Maynooth Town are in the FAI Cup proper for the first time. They got a glamour home tie against another non-league side in Leeds from Cork. This'll be played in a caged in astro at the local university in front of about 200. I'm still a registered player which means I'm theoretically 5 cup tie wins away from a shock appearance in next season's Europa League.

Comment

I'm going to the wilds of Cumberland to see one of the new North West Counties clubs, Cleator Moor Celtic. They are hosting Nelson.

Comment

Will Penrith move back now that there's more local clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                If tonight counts I'm going to see TNS in a Europa qualifier.
                Tonight counts more than TNS do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  Will Penrith move back now that there's more local clubs?
                  I suspect the League Allocations people at the FA would ideally have all the Cumbrian sides in the North West Counties. However, at present, Penrith are the only side at step 5, while Carlisle City, Cleator Moor and Holker Old Boys are all at step 6. Based on the current make up of clubs at step 5, Penrith are definitely better off in the Northern League where they have a number of clubs not too far from the end of the A66 whilst in the North West Counties their "derby" would be someone like Squires Gate or Charnock Richard. If Penrith were relegated I think they'd definitely end up in the North West Counties; its less obvious what would happen if Carlisle City or Cleator Moor were promoted.

Comment

Fulham v Crystal Palace. In the home end with two Palace fans.

Comment

If all goes to plan.
                      Friday. FA Cup. Winslow United vs Easington Sports.
                      Saturday. Southern Premier. Frome Town vs Hendon.
                      Sunday. Welsh Premier. Llanelli Town vs Connah's Quay Nomads.

Comment

Arsenal Man City for me

Comment

I've given up the season ticket, I'm anticipating a fairly awful season and I'd really like our board of directors to piss off, but I still find myself drawn back to Brunton Park. Carlisle v Northampton Town is the thoroughly underwhelming prospect.

Comment

Hoping to see a pre-season friendly between OFI Crete and Apollon Smyrni at Ergotelis’s ground on Saturday evening. That’s as long as I can manouvre the planned family day trip to Heraklion to the same day.

Comment

Starting right now with some Copa Sulamericana action - Vasco v LDU Quito. Vasco need to overturn a 3-1 first leg deficit.

Following a massive 3 day TV binge of English and Brazilian football, I shall end the long weekend on Monday night with Fluminense v Internacional. Looking forward to seeing Fluminense’s Pedro again. He’s being tipped for a post-World Cup call-up by Tite. I’m not yet completely convinced about him but he’s currently the top scorer in the Brasileirão and he scored a superb goal against Bahia last Sunday.

Comment

You can scrap the TV binge bit. I’m 45 minutes in and bored already.

Comment

It's the magic of the 'Extra Preliminary Round of the FA Cup' for me, Godmanchester Rovers v Newport Pagnell. The palatable sense of excitement in the air is somewhat lessened by the ban of alcohol in sight of the pitch, so a rushed half-time Guinness it is.

As a lapsed Ipswich Town supporter I'll be interested in GO's opinion of our new-look team.

Comment

Haverhill Rovers v Haverhill Borough in the FA Cup extra preliminary round, also being streamed live on the BBC website. It's only £6 to get in!

Comment

We've got a tifo!

Comment

I'm suffering from a weird optical illusion. Ipswich are obviously wearing blue, but I keep seeing it as violet. Anyway, they should be at least one up by now...

Comment

On 73 minutes everyone starts singing "to me, to you"...

Comment

If Ipswich's 10 hadn't flung himself to the ground like he was showing Neimar how to do it properly, he might've got the occasional decision going his way...

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Glorious victory. We are going up!

Comment

Haverhill Rovers 2-0 Haverhill Borough
                                                  Att: 652

Rovers were the easy winners in this FA Cup preliminary round played in front of 650 spectators. The game was quite bizarre because the sides share the same clubhouse but use different pitches. Rovers use the grass one in front of the clubhouse and Borough use the 3G one to the side of the clubhouse. Borough cannot go any higher playing at this ground as there is access only on two sides of their ground, but Rovers have a nice little compact ground with a hundred seats, some hard standing and a small cover behind the goal. The BBC were streaming the game online and it was being shown in the clubhouse, but it was about 90 seconds behind the actual play. So you could wave at the camera, dash inside and see yourself waving a minute or so later. Rovers were dominant throughout the game and won easily, although Borough did have a few chances. The club put on a barbecue, burgers at £2.50 and another new ground.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X