That London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That London

Not placing any bets but avoiding what's become fairly common events like aorta's splitting and stroke I'm turning 50 this year.

My beloved wife has booked us a long weekend in London with a foray over to Paris on Eurostar to see Red Star, indulging the big bairn in me who is fascinated by the Channel Tunnel and I have evolved into a bit of a groundhopper.

Question is on the first weekend in December what games/clubs are going to offer the most fun. Brentford are away annoyingly and I've pretty much written off seeing Arsenal v Spurs at anything approaching a reasonable price. Staying in Canning Town, Friday - Monday. There's part of me leaning towards Canvey Town at the moment because Canvey Island fascinates me and because of The Feelgoods.

Any recommendations at any level? Don't mind travel on public transport.

Dulwich Hamlet v Torquay United looks like a good fixture on the Saturday, presumably Hamlet will still be playing at Tooting & Mitcham in December.

Comment

Barnet, Bromley and Leyton Orient are all at home on the 1st, but given they're all playing potential table-toppers, tickets may be hard to come by on the day - Orient would seem the best bet.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/n...xtures/2018-12

Comment

Wealdstone are also at home.

Comment

Cheers guys, struggling to find non-league fixtures in one place so it's appreciated.

Orient might be a goer, still eyeing Canvey though.

Comment

Here y'go...

Comment

QPR are entertaining Hull on December 1. Actually "entertaining" is probably a massive exaggeration, but it's fun to laugh at Tigers' fans and their highly camp "we'll scratch your eyes out" routine.

Comment

This site is the definitive guide to London football at all levels but will only update the weekend prior to any set of fixtures. Failing that the Groundhopper app is invaluable, just fiddle with the date and location on their fixture guide (only available on the premium paying version but it’s quite cheap as I recall).

Another game I would recommend on the weekend of your visit is Hendon v Merthyr.

Comment

Hashtag United v Braintree Town reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                    QPR are entertaining Hull on December 1. Actually "entertaining" is probably a massive exaggeration, but it's fun to laugh at Tigers' fans and their highly camp "we'll scratch your eyes out" routine.
                    Loftus Road's actually the only ground I've been to in London.

Comment

Well done. That's the way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                        This site is the definitive guide to London football at all levels but will only update the weekend prior to any set of fixtures. Failing that the Groundhopper app is invaluable, just fiddle with the date and location on their fixture guide (only available on the premium paying version but it’s quite cheap as I recall).

Another game I would recommend on the weekend of your visit is Hendon v Merthyr.
                        That's a goodie, cheers R de G. Sounds a decent game as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X