This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    But he's been in a lot of physical pain and had a month of watching his mates get glorious publicity for a lucky World Cup run to a semi-final that could have been his.
    Don't forget he almost certainly would have played in a Champions League final as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
      So you're just being crass and witless then? If you say so, I believe you.

I mean, I get why it's a bit laughable on O-C's part, but the comparison you reached for was a bit shit , to say the least.
      He’s always been crass and witless about matters of race and has always revelled in it.

He deliberately uses questionable terms with regard to players of colour (Eto’o was always a particular target) and when he’s called on it he likes give these ridiculous lectures that we’re really the racists.

It happens repeatedly and you would imagine if it was genuine innocence or ignorance he would just apologise but I think he likes the attention and seeming the contrarian. He used to flirt with homophobic language when insulting Ronaldo too.

Some people used to take him to task but some always seem to give him a free pass on all of it, I’ve never worked out why.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-08-2018, 20:39.

Comment

Don't write my autobiography. I've brought up Eto'o once here.

Comment

Here's my entire rant about Eto'o on this forum.
          It's rather epic if someone remembers it eleven years later
          http://archive.onetouchfootball.com/...460;p=3#000035

Comment

That thread is not what I’m referring to, you made many comments about Eto’o that saw you called up for the terminology you used - specifically leading up to and at the time of the deal that saw him and Zlatan swapped between Inter and Barca.

Look, there have been far too many occasions in the years you’ve been on here that you’ve had to trot out the “I’m not a racist, it’s all of you that are...” nonsense when you’ve deliberately used crass language regarding people of colour - it’s not as if it’s a common occurrence for other regular posters.

I don’t know if you’re a racist or not - it does however appear that, at the very least, you take some perverse glee in flinging around the kind of terminology that sails too close to the wind on the issue.

I generally ignore your drivel and will go back to doing so, I just didn’t want to see you pulling the same act on this occasion.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-08-2018, 21:25.

Comment

Some people used to take him to task but some always seem to give him a free pass on all of it, I’ve never worked out why.

From my point of view for two reasons - the vast majority of PPV's stuff on this board is witty and welcome and I do think he gets himself tied up in thread vietnams through misunderstanding.

Also (and I'm not saying this is what PPV has done) I like OTF for potentially being a slightly more welcoming board for shall we say provocative or alternative views, and let's face it we couldn't be a more liberal bunch here by consensus if we were all knitting socks for homeless kittens whilst typing. Now that's not a bad thing but we need some kind of acceptance of the spark of debate. Otherwise every thread here will just be OP followed by 2 or 3 people going 'yeah'.
              Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 08-08-2018, 21:08.

Comment

I've never said that I'm not a racist.
                I am one. I admit that I am one. Maybe not the desire to own slaves kind or the one who thinks all X or Y should be thrown out of Sweden, but yeah, I am a human and there are times when I notice generalization but I am aware of it and can sort myself out quickly and think properly.

It's much worse with people who claim they are 100% not racist. No such human exists. No matter how much you want to tell yourself you are 100% perfect and pure. That's where you usually find among the worst kind of racists. That's where you'll usually find the kind of people asking overly interested as if they're doing a favour, where you're from just because you have dark hair and your name isn't Sven.
                Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis; 08-08-2018, 21:09.

Comment

For what it's worth, I didn't think there was anything racist in PPV's juxtaposition but I often tell the family that they have left enough food on their plates to feed an African family (in stereotypically 70's dad way). This is possibly also because Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is English (albeit of Jamaican heritage) not African at all (well, you know).

This may be just as stereotyping but I have put a lot of PPVs issues down to English not being his first language.
                  Last edited by Bored Of Education; 08-08-2018, 21:17.

Comment

English is not an excuse, at all.

But we live in a new era, where racist hunting is a sport and people actually convince themselves they are never at all a bit racist themselves. Purest of pure. Magnificently perfect. When you have that image of yourself you'll be desperate to find racism in others. Leap on the opportunity to do so.

Comment

I didn't think it was racist but I thought PPV was being a wanker laughing at someone who was on the verge of bring crippled through an injury sustained at work.

Sneer at the riches earned for doing a "hobby for a living" all you want, it's still wankerism.

Combined with how PPV has been on other threads today it has made me want to seriously ask if there's a pharmaceutical component to this because he's acting the way people act when they stop taking the meds that help them think clearly.

Comment

Just waiting for PPV to post some hilarious pictures of Muslim women. Just like the last time.

Comment

And start the homphobic and sexist stuff all over again.

But it's okay, because he makes some people laugh, because he has "provocative and alternative views". Like Jim Davidson or Boris Johnson.

Thank fuck for the ignore poster button.

Comment

This thread is not going well for anybody.

Comment

Working...
                            X