Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man United "luckiest" with refereeing decisions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45087444

According to a study reported on BBC. Not as if people haven't been pointing out how "lucky" they are with refereeing decisions since the days of David Elleray...

Imagine this thread back in 2001.

Comment

All ur fans are from surry or singapore lol

Comment

I'd be interested* to see Elleray's stats when reffing United, because as far as I remember he sent someone off every fucking game. Mind, it was usually Keane or Irwin so it's possible he just hated the Irish.

Comment

And Cantona. Law of averages says he sent Eric off.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
            I'd be interested* to see Elleray's stats when reffing United, because as far as I remember he sent someone off every fucking game. Mind, it was usually Keane or Irwin so it's possible he just hated the Irish.
            I forgot the *. I wouldn't be interested.

Comment

you are all trolling Berbaslug, shame on you all

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                you are all trolling Berbaslug, shame on you all
                Ooh you rotter don't spoil my fun

Comment

In all seriousness, this comment in the article really grinds my gears:
                  Leicester scored three goals after injury time overran - more than any other side.
                  No, injury time can't "overrun". The amount of stoppage time is entirely at the referee's discretion, and the number of minutes displayed on the fourth official's board is a minimum to be added on, not an exact figure. Why does almost no-one in football or making observations on it (95% of commentators, I'm looking at you) have the capacity to remember this?

Comment

That study can cock right off. I mean, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                      In all seriousness, this comment in the article really grinds my gears:
                      No, injury time can't "overrun". The amount of stoppage time is entirely at the referee's discretion, and the number of minutes displayed on the fourth official's board is a minimum to be added on, not an exact figure. Why does almost no-one in football or making observations on it (95% of commentators, I'm looking at you) have the capacity to remember this?
                      It's even an official announcement. "The fourth official has indicated there will be a minimum of n minutes of added time".

On topic, Burnley drop 4 points. Considered we weren't awarded a single penalty all season, Bobby Madeleys block on Ashley Westwood that led to Southamptons last minute equaliser and the bullshit diving that - among other matches - got Arsenal all three points at the Turf, I'm trying to remember where we got lucky.

Comment

For example: in Liverpool's 0-0 draw with Manchester United at Anfield on 14 October, the study concluded Jurgen Klopp's side should have been awarded a penalty in the 63rd minute, and the new simulated scoreline was a 1-0 victory for the home side.
                        I've read a few match reports of that game to check; none mention a wrongly denied penalty. They mention Matip and Can wasting sitters, but no cause for Liverpool needing to weep at the injustice of referees.

Comment

Well that's definitive G. Thanks for clearing it up. I'm sure the report's authors Didn't bother actually checking.

Comment

I think G-Man's post is as academically authoritative as the report is.

Comment

This is warming up to 2004 OTF nicely. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                Well that's definitive G. Thanks for clearing it up. I'm sure the report's authors Didn't bother actually checking.
                                No, it goes to show how subjective such an exercise is. A clear penalty shout would have been reported. A "seen 'em given but..." shout might be reported. Nothing was said in the match reports, I don't remember any such injustice, nor do you or you'd have responded to my post on the basis of fact, not dismissal.

Comment

It all evens out though, cos Man Utd fans have to put up with having that stubborn, petty, has been cunt as manager.

Comment

MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED MANCHESTER UNITED ARE BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL NO LIVERPOOL ARE BETTER THAN MANCHESTER UNITED ETC

God, I miss those days

Comment

I think it's best to hang on to perceived injustices for the rest of one's life and bang on about them until one keels over.

I don't, obviously.

Comment

No, what real football fan ever does that, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                          I think it's best to hang on to perceived injustices for the rest of one's life and bang on about them until one keels over.

I don't, obviously.
                                          Have I ever mentioned that Geoff Hurst "hat-trick" in the '66 final? I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.

Comment

Working...
                                          X