No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a shame. Hughton seems to be on the same managerial tier as Warnock, can get a team promoted but struggles in the Premier League.

He had a very similar experience at Norwich if I recall correctly, struggling to integrate expensive signings (I'm thinking of van Wolfswinkel etc) and slowly losing the team.

Comment

He's a nice guy but his teams play mindnumbingly dull football. And before anyone says anything about the Premier League, Brighton did that in the Championship too. BHA came to Turf Moor in March for a top 6 game, Brighton scored within a minute through Zamora, conceded a minute later and Hughton said "enough of this sort of nonsense" and shut the whole game down for the remaining 88 minutes.

Pretty much anyway up to 10th is available to any club that has been in the Premier League more than a single season. Hughton didn't seem to have the ambition for even that.

Comment

Brighton were, until the move to the Amex, getting an average of 8K. That went up to 20K in the first season their, settling on 25K in the Championship, rising to 30K now. That's an awful lot of people who are along for the ride, and who, frankly, were bored shitless by Hughton, wondering 'is this it?'

Comment

I missed Billy Wilkinson leaving Wealdstone on Friday. Not too sure why.
          Last edited by Gangster Octopus; 14-05-2019, 10:37. Reason: Wilkinson, not Williamson.

Comment

As per the EPL thread, Brighton accrued 11 points in Hughton's last 18 games, one fewer than Fulham.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

He had a very similar experience at Norwich .
              A few weeks back one of our Norwich correspondents was saying this was an opportunity to see what might have happened if Hughton hadn't got canned at Carrow Road just before the end of the season.

If Cardiff had beaten Palace last week, Brighton would be down now. I wonder how the seagulls feel about owing their Premier League place to the eagles?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                It's a shame but remembering how good Brighton looked a little while back, they've clearly regressed. Did any of this season's signings work?
                Perhaps Bernardo at left back, but certainly none of the others.

Comment

Brighton apparently want Graham Potter to replace him. I'm resigned to Potter leaving at some point because he's an excellent manager but just not now. I really feel that he's also better than Brighton, not a top six manager but not one for relegation favourites.

Can we also not compare Chris Hughton to Colin, Hughton is a thoughtful and reflective individual and Colin is a Brexit supporting prick.

Comment

Don't worry, Antep - according to Wikipedia right now, we've given the job to Paolo Maldini with Luca Toni as assistant.

Comment

See you later David Flitcroft. Not surprised that Mansfield have said goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                        Don't worry, Antep - according to Wikipedia right now, we've given the job to Paolo Maldini with Luca Toni as assistant.
                        Official approach for Potter has been turned down.

Comment

Chris Coleman has been sacked by Hebei China Fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            Brighton apparently want Graham Potter to replace him. I'm resigned to Potter leaving at some point because he's an excellent manager but just not now. I really feel that he's also better than Brighton, not a top six manager but not one for relegation favourites.

Can we also not compare Chris Hughton to Colin, Hughton is a thoughtful and reflective individual and Colin is a Brexit supporting prick.
                            I read that as Brian Potter of 'Phoenix Nights' fame.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                              Wonder if Colin Wanker is sitting a little less comfortably this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post

Headline-writers dream: "No Good Fortune For Cookie."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

Wonder if Colin Wanker is sitting a little less comfortably this morning?
                                  Chris Coleman is a Jack so Colin is safe.

Comment

Tony Pulis is available, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Chris Coleman is a Jack so Colin is safe.
                                      Ah. Wonder if he fancies Boro though?

Comment

Jonathan Woodgate is the favourite, apparently, and surprisingly. I'd have him down as more of a Terry McDermott than a gaffer.

Comment

That's because we're skint. Although hopefully not that skint.

"The 39-year-old Teesside-born former England central defender would be a popular choice with fans", says Louise Taylor. That's news to me, I've heard nothing but whinging about this. Unless she means the fans of other clubs.

Comment

Rumours going round that WBA are after the Cowleys. I think they'd be very daft to join a club that sacked Darren Moore whilst they were sitting 4th in the league. They'd be wary of what happened to Paul Hurst at Ipswich too and I suspect that they'll be loyal to Lincoln for one more season at least.

Course it could just be the Lincolnshire Echo talking bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                              "The 39-year-old Teesside-born former England central defender would be a popular choice with fans", says Louise Taylor. That's news to me, I've heard nothing but whinging about this. Unless she means the fans of other clubs.
                                              Given her current job as a mouthpiece for Rafa Benitez and previous form as a mouthpiece for Qatar then it wouldn't surprise if she was taking dictation from either the Boro board or Woodgates agent. Or both.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                                Rumours going round that WBA are after the Cowleys. I think they'd be very daft to join a club that sacked Darren Moore whilst they were sitting 4th in the league. They'd be wary of what happened to Paul Hurst at Ipswich too and I suspect that they'll be loyal to Lincoln for one more season at least.

Course it could just be the Lincolnshire Echo talking bullshit.
                                                Thought Chris Hughton was already getting measured for a WBA jacket.

Comment

Potter's move to Brighton leaves Swansea needing a manager. Nigel Clough is rumoured to be the preferred option, though these days Swansea seldom seem to get what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                                    Potter's move to Brighton leaves Swansea needing a manager. Nigel Clough is rumoured to be the preferred option, though these days Swansea seldom seem to get what they want.
                                                    Ah, but do they get what they need?

Surprised Coleman isn't in the frame.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X