No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're on your third manager of the season you have to start wondering where exactly the problem is, unfortunately you can't sack a load of overpriced c*nts for being shite.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
      Unfortunately you can't sack a load of overpriced c*nts for being shite.
      But enough about the hacks who write pre-season previews ... (ka-boom-tish).

May: "They'll need to spend to stay up"

August: "They have? And lots? OK then, safety it is ... ".

Comment

Fulham should have got Big Sam in instead of Ranieri.

Comment

Two PL managers gone in a couple of days. It's the "10 games to do something with our season" marker point.
          Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 01-03-2019, 06:04.

Comment

I think with Fulham it's "we've accepted we're down let's start getting ready for a promotion push next season"

Comment

West Brom - I wish you nothing but ill fortune.

Comment

Not even sacked in the Moore-ning. Immediately after the game. Ouch.

So, if WBA had managed to nick a winner, would Moore still be there? Did the decision-maker(s) have their plan ready, or did they rush through a full performance review in 5 minutes after the final whistle?

But yeah, fuck 'em.

Comment

Wankers. A stupid knee-jerk decision. They probably aren't likely to catch the top two, but with the teams below them all being inconsistent as well they look pretty good for the play-offs, so I really can't see what positive effect can come from this.

Comment

Jesus Christ. I can only imagine what Ian is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                      Wankers. A stupid knee-jerk decision. They probably aren't likely to catch the top two, but with the teams below them all being inconsistent as well they look pretty good for the play-offs, so I really can't see what positive effect can come from this.
                      Except it's probably not knee-jerk, is it? It has to be some kind of plan, however crazy.

He would have been sacked if they'd made the play-offs and failed, or got promoted and been 16th in October. It feels like a case of needing an excuse to bring in somebody else.

Time and again managers are kept on just because they are in situ, and the manager (understandably) doesn't walk away and the board is not honest enough to tell the fans a popular guy was only ever short-term. So they wait (hope?) for failure, which this really wasn't anyway.

Comment

It's not as daft a decision as it might seem. They haven't been playing well for weeks, pretty much since Barnes went back to Leicester. Presumably the board feels now that automatic has gone and they don't have any trust in him to make it through the play offs successfully. And, as we say time and again on here, if they don't go back up this first year since relegation then all their remaining good players will go and they might be down a while.

Comment

I thought this was a joke, Moore turned a club ruined by Pardew around and stopped what could have been a slide into a second relegation battle into a side that was challenging for promotion. Look at the two other teams that went down, Stoke have already sacked their manager and Potter has worked miracles at Swansea after a fire sale in both windows. Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

I'm so pissed off by this decision. IS THERE NO LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL?? For fuck's sake, we were probably still going to make the play offs with him so why the fuck sack him now? Man Utd fans take note - it's never a good idea to employ a club hero as your manager. There's no denying that we have been totally shit for the longest time though, essentially since Leicester recalled Harvey Barnes in early January but I was really hoping the club would continue to back him through this poor run.

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            Be careful what you wish for.
                            I hate the uncertainty when your team are managerless. I'm scared to even check who is in the running for the job. It's always the most uninspiring list. However, at least I can say with some certainty that Alan Pardew won't be on it.

Comment

Talksport isn't known as a bastion of wokeness, but Adrian Durham called out the West Brom decision as racism, given how long their two previous managers were given to preside over decline.

Comment

That's just aural clickbait. The West Brom board didn't care until the PL cheques started slipping away. Chucking Moore under the bus at the first sign of not getting promoted seems more panic than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  Talksport isn't known as a bastion of wokeness, but Adrian Durham called out the West Brom decision as racism, given how long their two previous managers were given to preside over decline.
                                  Eh! Moore was in charge for, er, more games than three out of four of the previous permanent managers, with only Pulis, who had got them as high as a 10th-placed Premier League finish, lasting longer.

That's not to say that I necessarily agree with the decision. It's just not an outlier that suggests racial bias was at play.

Comment

That didn't last long, did it...

Comment

Obviously all this talk about interference from the owner is just smokescreen. He was outdone by the tactical brilliance of the Cowleys and couldn't handle the humiliation...

Comment

Oldham owner makes contrary statement https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/new...lub-statement/

Comment

Resigning by text is classy.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                            Oldham owner makes contrary statement https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/new...lub-statement/
                                            Three managers - oops, no - I meant sources close to their last three managers all broadly describe the chairman as an interfering git. How can they all have got it so wrong?

Comment

Scunthorpe have parted company with Stuart McCall, after recent results saw them enthusiastically dropped into the massively multiplayer Div 3 relegation dogfight.

An odd tenure, started out very bad, had a good spell in January, manager of the month no less, then back to shit.

Andy Dawson in charge until the end of the season, just like last year

Comment

Yeovil have finally sacked Darren Way. Definitely a last throw of the dice there to maintain their Football League status.

Comment

Finally, indeed! I’d begun to wonder if he was unsackable.

Comment

Chris Powell isn't too nice to be sacked by Southend.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-to-league-two

Comment

Working...
                                                    X