No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Liquidator (formerly of this parish) was getting roasted by his three year old daughter yesterday.

Abramovich needs to sell the club. They have lost their way since he lost interest.

I suggested a Bielsa/Sarri job swap to BDG.

Comment

And everyone else.

Otherwise though, it's sound.

Edit: to Crusoe

Comment

Claude Puel sacked by Leicester. There has been some talk of Brendan Rodgers, but I'd be surprised if he left Celtic before the season is done.

Comment

Not sure why anybody would go there really. As top soccer pundit Dean Acheson said, Leicester City FC has lost an empire and not yet found a role.

Comment

I am at 03:42. You two were off the chart, fast, to that sacking.

How so?

Comment

It came up on the BBC website. Also it is Midday here rather than the middle of the night. To be fair it has been in the offing for weeks now, and a 4-1 home defeat to Palace pretty much made it inevitable.

Comment

Yeah, that one was inevitable.

Nothing has really been the same since, well, losing 2-1 at Hull in the first game of 2016/17 to be honest. But sacking Ranieri certainly hastened the change. That Hull defeat was reality returning with a vengeance. Leicester will be back in the Championship within five years, which is entirely inkeeping with the history of the club (IIRC the most yo-yo's between the top two Divisions of any).

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                  Claude Puel sacked by Leicester. There has been some talk of Brendan Rodgers, but I'd be surprised if he left Celtic before the season is done.
                  Their season effectively concludes in under a fortnight anyway doesn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                    Yeah, that one was inevitable.

Nothing has really been the same since, well, losing 2-1 at Hull in the first game of 2016/17 to be honest. But sacking Ranieri certainly hastened the change. That Hull defeat was reality returning with a vengeance. Leicester will be back in the Championship within five years, which is entirely inkeeping with the history of the club (IIRC the most yo-yo's between the top two Divisions of any).
                    You could well be right but is there a list somewhere?

Comment

There's a table in this Wiki article

Birmingham City for top two tiers only, Notts County overall

Comment

Sarri's going to quit over the keeper refusing to be subbed, isn't he?

Comment

He should

Comment

Why quit when you can get paid about ten million quid to leave?

Comment

Then Kepa winks at the camera at the final whistle, he looks even more of a shit. Sarri being kept away from him by Rudiger and consequently he's not talking to any of the squad.

Comment

This is Wierd. You can see Sari thinking about the 10m as he walked towards the tunnel. 2 keepers walking around both thinking they'll be playing. Kepa refusing to come off. Shame because Sari seems to have played this final quite well.

Comment

I didn't watch it live - was there a break in play for the non-substitution? Did Chelsea's players have the option of not continuing until Kepa had gone, or did they just get on with the game?

Comment

OK, now I've seen it, so to answer my own question, a long break and plenty of time to make the change. Why didn't Sarri just tell Moss Caballero was coming on, and stay there until it happened? (Perhaps Kepa could have been sent off for refusing to be subbed, that would have been beautiful).

Also, the Krul World Cup comparisons are not quite right: that was LVG's well-telegraphed plan. If Sarri had told Kepa and Caballero before the game that the switch was an option, then the injury was irrelevant.

Comment

Supposedly if the substituted player refuses to come off, there’s not a lot anyone can do about it. Remarkably this all seems to run on a mixture of the honour system and a team having a captain who can actually convince a player to come off the pitch.

Comment

Who was Chelsea's captain today, Azpeculetetetrteta? You would hope both he and Kepa are dropped for the next match (and far worse sanctions for the latter) but really you can't see Sarri lasting that long now.
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-02-2019, 20:25.

Comment

Kepa surely has to be dropped for the next game, and I can see Abramovich keeping Sarri on for the next game or two to commit the dirty deed before the next manager comes in offering the squad a clean slate.

Comment

Of course if Sarri does drop Kepa for the next game, can he guarantee that Kepa won't just take the field anyway.

Comment

Club that chews up and spits out managers loses another one .... yes, David Hopkin has left Bradford City.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                                                Of course if Sarri does drop Kepa for the next game, can he guarantee that Kepa won't just take the field anyway.
                                                I'm still laughing at this, applause.

Comment

Imagine Sarri trying to stop John Terry getting in the team photo if they'd won.

Comment

Claudio Ranieri dilly ding, dilly gone from Fulham.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X