Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoke have sacked Gary Rowett

Comment

Not really surprising considering the players they kept on even after relegation. Expectation would have been top six minimum, maybe even top two.
      Coates seems to prefer British managers so expect usual suspects like Allardyce, Moyes, Pearson etc.

Comment

A draw with Shrewsbury just not good enough....

Comment

Nathan Jones is the new Stoke manager. Hopefully that will seriously destabilise Luton before next week's big Cup replay.

Comment

Karanka has left Forest

Comment

I wonder if isn't promotion or bust for Forest this season (Wednesday, Brum, Villa, and Forest could all face 12pt point deductions to start next season) and mini-Mourinho just didn't have enough royal jelly to pull them across the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                Karanka has left Forest
                He’s - just - Aitor - Karanka (Sing along, you know the tune)

Comment

Wagner's gone from Huddersfield.

Comment

O'Neill to take over at Forest. Would have been a good appointment ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Wagner's gone from Huddersfield.
                      I was going to sound off about fickle chairmen not sticking to their word, but from reading the various statements it does seem to have been handled about as honourably as it could be, not the usual "back and sack" routine.

It won't save Huddersfield, of course.

Comment

The word on the street (or at least my workplace) is that it has been entirely honourable between Wagner and Hoyle.
                        Having said that, Hoyle brought in a director of football (Olaf Rebbe, ex Wolfsburg) over the summer, with full responsibility for transfers.
                        He bought the "wrong" players for Wagner (i.e. wingers for a team set up to play without them, instead of a proven goalscorer).
                        Wagner no longer felt he could improve the performance of the team, and so has decided to go.

The Big Sam klaxon has been sounded here. Jokanovic would seem a better call.

Comment

Rumours that Bielsa is going to quit this evening

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            Rumours that Bielsa is going to quit this evening
                            I quite liked the suggestion on Twitter that maybe he's just going to announce the Stoke team.

Comment

Scholes interviewed by Oldham.

Comment

Peterborough manager Steve Evans is now able to refer to himself as ex-Peterborough manager Steve Evans.

Comment

...bringing Darren Ferguson back for a third time.

Comment

Neil Aspin has resigned from Port Vale.

Comment

Aspin’s statement mentioned the distraction of an ongoing legal personal dispute. Intriguing.

Comment

The Barrow/Newell - ahem - "dream team" has fucked off already. Results had gone into a tailspin and fans were never likely going to take to a combo of a Chester stalwart and a male chauvinist pig but bloody hell, TWO MONTHS?

Bryan Hughes has come in. We've had much better results with the young, hungry types recently and hopefully Yosser can continue that trend. I just hope that none of his former clubs are in Division Three right now... CHARLTON? FUCK!

Comment

Paul Scholes confirmed as Oldham boss. I was going to say there could be a conflict of interest next season if Salford get promoted, but based on Oldham's turnover of managers there will likely be someone else in charge there before the end of this season.

Comment

What are the current odds on Chelsea having a managerial change before the end of the season (or, for that matter, before the end of the month)?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                              Paul Scholes confirmed as Oldham boss. I was going to say there could be a conflict of interest next season if Salford get promoted, but based on Oldham's turnover of managers there will likely be someone else in charge there before the end of this season.
                                              This is quite possible. The owner is a "former" football agent who by various accounts likes to choose signings and pick the team and tactics.

Although if he does make it past May the FL have already cleared it. I think the only restriction is that we couldn't buy or sell any players from or to Salford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                What are the current odds on Chelsea having a managerial change before the end of the season (or, for that matter, before the end of the month)?
                                                Based on the fact that Chelsea have had numerous caretaker/interim managers in place in previous seasons over the last decade it would be no shock at all to see Sarri taken on a one way trip on the yacht.

Comment

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1094718903031197696

Comment

Mourinho back to Chelsea. The neatest solution. Except for Chelsea fans, maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X