Sacked Managers 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacked Managers 2018/19

Gary Bowyer has left Blackpool, despite an unbeaten record this season.

Mind you, they haven't won a game or scored a goal this season either.

Comment

Swings 'n' roundabouts, innit. He can at least point to their watertight defence and blemish-free disciplinary record.

Comment

Csaba Laszlo's managerial hat already on a shoogly peg at Tannadice this season, if rumours are true.

I can't say losing out in the League Cup (essentially 'competitive' pre-season friendlies) makes me shout for his head, as some online voices are.

Comment

Bordeaux have sacked Gustavo Poyet.

Comment

By the sounds of it, he didn't really leave them any other option. Quite the rant.

Comment

Is it because he was after Lee Cattermole?

Comment

Shteve mclarens arse must be edging towards the bacon slicer based on today's performance

Comment

God I hope not. That was a farce of a second half though. First half was an even game in every respect but then we totally fell apart.

Comment

Gary Johnson was given the vote of confidence by the Cheltenham board last night - lose to Macclesfield on Tuesday and he'll be gone.

Comment

Let t’joy bells ring in Bootham... Martin Gray punted by York after an abysmal start to the season, which followed on from the offensively bad end to last season.

Comment

Doubtless another joke board at another joke club.

Comment

Gary Johnson has been sacked by Cheltenham tonight.

I'm genuinely shocked that he has been sacked tonight. The statement from the board on Saturday was basically that results needed to improve and Johnson needed to get a decent forward in. In his interview tonight after the game Johnson claimed one or two new players were due in over the next couple of days.

So what's changed? The result was an improvement, even if the performance wasn't, and he was getting players in. Surely he was doing what was requested of him?

With that being said, it is the right decision, Johnson's record as manager for us in the Football League is appalling and it's started dreadfully this season as well. This isn't a knee-jerk, it's only been 4 games, decision. This is a culmination of 96 Football League games since promotion.

Gary Johnson will forever be seen as the man who saved our club in 2015. Without him we would have dropped into obscurity and would not be where we are now. He, and his team, from 15/16 will go down in the annals as one of the best Cheltenham Town teams ever, and for that I will be forever grateful.

Now he can take a break from football, which is clear he needs, and put his feet up on at least one job at the club spectacularly done. It's a shame it's come to this now.

Thank you Gary, for everything.

As for replacements, early front-runners are Lee Carsley and Jerry Gill. Both have their positives and negatives. Will be interesting to see what the board come up with. Whoever it is, it has to be quick because we can't depend on Russell Milton for too long.

Comment

Keith Curle is free, though he might be keeping an eye on events at Notts County.

Comment

If it was up to me, I'd be going fir Gary Bowyer, but him being based in the North West probably counts against us.

Lee Carsley is apparently good mates with our new chairman so he's in the driving seat for that reason.

Comment

I thought Carsley didn't want to be a manager, only a coach, Has he changed his mind now?

Comment

The local journalist has said that he doesn't believe Carsley is in the running, as per my previous post it was from the chairman's interview last week that had people putting 2 and 2 together.

Comment

Scunthorpe sack Nick Daws four games in to the season.

Comment

I've got a ticket for Cambridge (struggling, I expect to feature on this thread by Christmas) against Cheltenham (already here!) tomorrow. This doesn't fill me with hope for the quality of the fare I'm going to witness.

Comment

I'd love to be able to reassure you, but history suggests that when Russ Milton is in charge we are dreadful.

New permanent manager is required sharpish.

Comment

It lived down to expectations. Even the finish for Cheltenham's winner, which was a absolute sitter, looked pretty rubbish from my vantage point. After a save the ball breaks to another forward, who has only a defender on the middle of the goal line to beat. The forward takes his time, composes himself and then shoots straight at the sole obstruction. Who lets the ball go through him!

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                            It lived down to expectations. Even the finish for Cheltenham's winner, which was a absolute sitter, looked pretty rubbish from my vantage point. After a save the ball breaks to another forward, who has only a defender on the middle of the goal line to beat. The forward takes his time, composes himself and then shoots straight at the sole obstruction. Who lets the ball go through him!
                                            Beautifully lower league. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                              I genuinely don't care, a win is a win is a win....

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                                Keith Curle is free, though he might be keeping an eye on events at Notts County.
                                                And that has just been made available.

Comment

The league of Ireland premier league is bucking the trend with no sackings this season (season in Ireland is March to October), the only departures has been at crisis club Bray Wanderers and that's been two resignations and one caretaker stepping down

Comment

Working...
                                                  X