No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it my imagination or do Powell’s managerial spells all broadly follow the same path?

New job bounce
    mediocrity
    Stinking run then fired.

Comment

I tend to bump into him in my local Waitrose from time to time.

I can't promise you that I'll run that suggestion past him when our paths next cross.

Comment

The median length of current tenure for an English Football League manager is well under a year again - 308 days, with Pellegrini and Emery nos. 46 and 47.

Comment

The Lincolnshire Echo, in classic 'Phil Space' mode, point out that Danny Cowley, appointed in May 2016, is now the 17th longest serving manager in the top four English leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
            The Lincolnshire Echo, in classic 'Phil Space' mode, point out that Danny Cowley, appointed in May 2016, is now the 17th longest serving manager in the top four English leagues.
            I'm not sure non-league should count, Grimsby tried pulling that with Paul Hurst before he moved on to better, and then worse things.
            There should be an asterisk there for sure.

Hurst is favourite for the Southend job, apparently.

Comment

Hurst is a good manager. He went to the wrong "big club".

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

I'm not sure non-league should count, Grimsby tried pulling that with Paul Hurst before he moved on to better, and then worse things.
                There should be an asterisk there for sure.

Hurst is favourite for the Southend job, apparently.
                I'd say he is more likely to get the Scunny job at the end of the season. Having said that, if they go down, he won't be interested.

I'm not sure why non-league shouldn't count as part of a managers spell in charge of a club.

Comment

Well, the claim was he was Cowley was the 17th longest serving manager in the top four Divisions. It's dubious to count time spent managing outside the top four Divisions towards that, even if it was part of the spell in charge of the same club.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                    Well, the claim was he was Cowley was the 17th longest serving manager in the top four Divisions. It's dubious to count time spent managing outside the top four Divisions towards that, even if it was part of the spell in charge of the same club.
                    I disagree. He led them there and was manager of the club prior to that. It's irrelevant whether the spell started outside the top tier.

Comment

McClaren sacked by QPR. One win in fifteen games and defeat by Bolton the final straw.

Comment

No surprise. Saturday's utterly rank performance against Bolton was indeed the final straw. It was all going so well until Christmas too...
                        Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 01-04-2019, 14:48.

Comment

The bigger question now is not who do hire next as who makes the choice? The backstage Ferdinand/Hoos/Ramsay part has been doing OK. The board, Fenandes et al, who apparently get to choose the manager, not so much. Now Amit Bhatia's back that could change. I sincerely hope so.

Comment

Angel Rangel perhaps? I wish he was still a Swan.

Comment

John Eustace takes us to the end of the season. I guess if he won six of the eight games remaining he'd be in with a shout, did well with Kidderminster. The board have always gone for bright shiny toys though. Rangel's popular, worth keeping around as a player/coach possibly.

Comment

Word is the job's Tim Sherwood's if he wants it. Groans can be heard from Wembley to Ealing.

When, oh when, are we going to do a proper search for a manager. We change them so often you'd think the club would have a process in writing by now

Comment

Hardly surprising though, considering Ferdinand and Sherwood worked together at Spurs for nearly six years. On the plus side that friendship should be over some time in November.

Comment

Yeah, Chris Ramsey too. LF had apparently tried to hire Sherwood after Hasselbaink but was over-ruled upstairs.

Comment

What is the latest date for a new manager bounce? Has a club ever got one just for the last game of the season, and stayed up?

Comment

Keates gone from Walsall.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                          What is the latest date for a new manager bounce? Has a club ever got one just for the last game of the season, and stayed up?
                                          We're about to find out. Although Plymouth could even get the bounce, win and still go down.

Gillingham almost did it, sacking Lovell with two games left.

Comment

Warburton our new manager according to the usual suspects. Eustace stays on too apparently. Could be worse, whether they'll just be next year's sacrificial goats remains to be seen of course.

Comment

Hughton sacked by Brighton

Comment

Not surprising to be fair - if the season was a few weeks longer I think they'd have gone down. They must have been chuffed that Huddersfield and Fulham were so inept.

Comment

It's a shame but remembering how good Brighton looked a little while back, they've clearly regressed. Did any of this season's signings work?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                    Not surprising to be fair - if the season was a few weeks longer I think they'd have gone down. They must have been chuffed that Huddersfield and Fulham were so inept.
                                                    Are you talking about Man Utd?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X