Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the third RdG? I mentioned Brown.

Comment

Sorry, misread that! Arthur Askey at Shrewsbury.

Comment

Goodbye playmates!

Comment

I didn't know Brown Phil was at Swindon either.

Comment

That's 2/3rds of the managers that have lost to Bradford City this season gone. Nigel Clough should be worried

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I didn't know Brown Phil was at Swindon either.
              Add me to the list. Let’s not fret too much for him. It can’t be long before Bolton will be looking for an old boy to save them.

Comment

It's sacking season Ladies and Gentlemen - Kewell gone at Notts

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ovember/12345/

Comment

He'd barely been there any time at all. They'll be onto their third manager in a season and it's not even December yet.

Comment

Notts County owner Alan Hardy, when announcing Kewell's appointment: "Having now worked in football for a significant period of time, I have had the opportunity to learn from other clubs what good looks like."

He's like a stereotypical local chairman from an old comedy. Big ambition, me.

No sympathy for Kewell though, he knew what he was getting into. Another "too big for this division" club that keep proving they aren't.

Comment

Jokanovic out, Ranieri in at Fulham.

Comment

Yay, the tinkerman is back. BDG must be delighted.

Comment

Wow.

One reason (OK, of hundreds) why I'm not a football manager is ... when you've won the league and you're 67 and nothing will ever top it or come close, you sit on the beach. Bask and savour. But, no.

Good luck Claudio, if you're still in the job by May you'll be doing well.

Comment

Good news for Southampton - Ranieri has 10 days to knock Fulham into shape for a win against Saints that should move Hughes out of employment...

Comment

Greg Abbott has had the boot at Bradford.

Comment

Shame it wasn’t the one in the Texas’ Governor’s Mansion.

Comment

Jim Bentley is now the longest serving manager in the 92. Over 330 other managers have resigned or been sacked while he's been in charge.

Comment

Greg Abbott has had the boot at Bradford.
                                    I’m confused. Wasn’t David Hopkin in charge there?

Edit: Abbott was assistant coach. Hopkin still in charge (such details matter to Newport fans when their manager’s stock is high and he is a former Bradford player).
                                    Last edited by HORN; 21-11-2018, 08:53.

Comment

Not a manager but Ron Gourlay has left Reading with immediate effect. Comments on the team's FB suggest this has been a popular development.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                        I’m confused. Wasn’t David Hopkin in charge there?

Edit: Abbott was assistant coach. Hopkin still in charge (such details matter to Newport fans when their manager’s stock is high and he is a former Bradford player).
                                        Yeah. I misread the report of his sacking. Sorry for any consternation caused.

Comment

Bye Sparky

Comment

Only getting a point against Manchester United is obviously the last straw nowadays.

Comment

Bye Sparky
                                              That has to be it for him managing in the Premier League. Surely. No chairman would be stupid enough to give him another gig now. Would they?

Comment

Previous experience shows it is easy to underestimate stupidity of chairmen and owners.

Comment

Can still say he's never been relegated though.

And probably will.

Comment

Mark Hughes, according to someone who knows him, hates football but loves money. I think it's fair to say anyone who supports a team that he's managed will understand this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X