Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby Robson - Great International Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, well while I don't 100% agree, I get what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
      the hilarious thing is that it's the sort of thing that made people undervalue Hoddle as a player.
      Apropos of nothing much, when John Beck was a player, he was a creative central midfielder. Exactly the type of player who served no functional purpose in his managerial tactical masterplan.

Comment

This news has blown my tiny little mind. Thanks Janik, I'm rather stunned.

Comment

George Graham was basically the Juan Veron of his day. The Juan Veron who turned up at man utd and looked like he had ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

The advantage of the change of formation is it allowed the introduction of the excellent Parker and Wright who added much needed pace to the defence and allowed England to play out of the back.
            My dad took over our failing primary school football team, and over around seven years they shifted into a county-champion Sunday team. Along the way, I was played, Madeley-like, in almost every position, before finally succumbing to the realities of being not-very-good at around 15 years old. In an Essex Cup match not long before that, the opposing manager told my dad something along the lines of 'this lad's too good for us, normally plays at the back, but we're gonna put him up front today'. It was Paul Parker. I was told to mark him.

He scored six, in a 9-0 victory.

Comment

Working...
            X