No announcement yet.

Salford (Disgustingly Rich) Lads' Club - Conference National 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Scholes has been charged with placing over 100 bets on football matches since becoming one of Salford's owners, according to the Graun.

Comment

Good God, WHY???? Scholes son recently got done for assault in a barroom scuffle. During the trial he is reputed to have said to the Manchester Evening News "what bollocks are you going to write today?".

The wheels have come off the quiet lad who likes to play football image that he garnered in his playing career.

Comment

During the trial, the defence should have asked the victim under oath who was the toughest opponent he ever faced.

Comment

Well, the top teams all won yesterday, with Salford taking their turn to get a last minute winner. The auto-promo spot is now down to Orient, Salford and Solihull with 2 games to go. Orient have the points advantage but visit Solihull on Monday, whilst Salford host playoff certainties Fylde. It’s going to be a tense afternoon.

Comment

The Solihull-Orient game is live on BT on Monday. Could be worth a watch.

Comment

It's a pity Solihull and Orient can't both get three points here. As much as I'd like to see Solihull go up a bigger part of me wants Salford City to fuck it up at the death.

Comment

Orient on the brink of promotion now, just need a draw from their final game after Fylde defeat Salford.

Comment

That was tense stuff to watch, well done The O's for being almost there.

Comment

Is goal difference the deciding factor?

Comment

Yes, goal difference is the first tie-breaker. Orient are in a very strong position now because of that.

Comment

Yes and so it would take a huge and impossibly likely swing for Orient to miss out. So I think we can (despite the inevitable protestations of E10 in a minute) welcome Orient back to the league Congratulations!

Comment

Indeed!

Comment

Awful game, but we don’t care! Thank you, Fylde. Even Orient can’t cock this up now...

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              Yes and so it would take a huge and impossibly likely swing for Orient to miss out.
                              Five goals doesn't seem impossible as a swing. Salford are playing a Hartlepool side that concedes fairly often. If they were to win 4-0, then Orient would have to avoid defeat to take the title. Which would be a choke seeing as Braintree are down, but if the news were to come through that Salford were two up after 20 minutes say, then it's easy to see how things could get very tense...
                              It's not an implausible pair of results and Orient fans should hold off the celebrations for now.

[In fact, I've lived this scenario before from Salford's perspective. Cambridge went into a last day once looking to win 4-0 and hope Burton lost to snatch the title. Burton did lose, but Cambridge could only draw 0-0 with mid-table Altrincham]

Comment

Janik doing the Lord's work again

Comment

Heh heh. I'm not quite celebrating, but yesterday's ugly game was always going to be the toughest of our run-in. So I'm glad it's out of the way

Comment

OTF hat: good luck Orient, they deserve some light in their long-suffering lives.

ECFC hat: odds on Exeter will be in the division next season, so we could do without decent sides coming up. Even Macclesfield were too good for us.

Comment

Would be an absolute pleasure to help Orient go up ahead of Salford so I think Pools fans will be up for it. That might not be enough to get a performance out of a squad that couldn't be arsed at Barrow even with over a thousand away fans backing them.
                                      Last edited by born toulouse; 26-04-2019, 12:44.

Comment

Hadn't seen the table for a while - very happy to see Orient on the verge. My nephew's a 'travel anyfuckingwhere to see them' Harrogate Town fan, so I'm hoping they go up as the second team.

Comment

I want Wrexham to go up, for the not-at-all-selfish reason that I'll've still seen Rotherham play every single current league club except for Tottenham Hotspur.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                            I want Wrexham to go up
                                            I knew you were a man of impeccable taste and outstanding intelligence.

Comment

Salford take an early lead away to Hartlepool, but Orient still in control, as scoreless against Braintree.

Comment

Still 0-0 at Brisbane Road, but up in the North-East Salford haven't added to that very early goal, instead having a player sent off for two bookings just before half-time and then conceding an equaliser soon after it. Done and dusted now.

Comment

Make that 2-1 to Hartlepool.

Comment

Orient draw and win promotion - Salford currently 3-2 down.

Congratulations to Slackster and E10 Rifle. Welcome back, lads.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X