No announcement yet.

Salford (Disgustingly Rich) Lads' Club - Conference National 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! Well done to the Os. My dad will be happy tonight.

Comment

Well done, Orient. Well pleased for the O's contingent on OTF.

Comment

Another scrappy game in very windy conditions, but who gives a feck! The scenes at the end were emotional.

I’ve been going over Brisbane Rd for 45 years now and that’s the first time I’ve seen us win a League (Div 3 in 1970 was our last). The strangest thing was I thought I’d want to go and down a few beers straightaway with some of the crew I’ve got to know over the years, but instead I just went for an emotional and solitary wander for a long while, basking in that rare feeling (for Orient fans) of satisfaction at what’s been achieved - both on & off the pitch. Now onto our 1st proper national Cup final ever in a few weeks. Never been in one, let alone won one.

Comment

Nice one, Orient.

Play off draw:
          Solihull v Vanity Project 2022/Harrogate
          Class of '92 City (TM) v Wrexham/Eastleigh

Comment

+1 for the list of congratulations to Orient.

The consensus in our group has been that while Salford would be a good day out for us (we don't have a lot of easily accessible away games) the hype surrounding them would be intolerable and they can stay where they are thanks. Wrexham are the people's choice in that lot, though admittedly for us Fylde and Harrogate would provide interesting away trip options.

Comment

Delighted for Orient. Losing out to bloody Salford and their "fairy story" would have been a tad unbearable.

Comment

Add me to the pleased for Orient to get back to where they belong camp. Don't care who gets promotion with them as long as it's not Salford and their media mates.

Comment

I'd like Wrexham to win the play offs.

Comment

Echoing just about everything above. Maidenhead surviving makes congratulating Slackster and E10 all the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      I'd like Wrexham to win the play offs.
                      Guess who gave you a like...

Comment

Congratulations to Orient from me.

I just wonder what the reception would be to a newbie Salford fan here?!

Comment

Wrecsam fans will be delighted to know a poll on our main bulletin board had you as clear picks, with over 2/3rds of the votes, as the club we want to win the playoffs. Salford got zero votes....

Comment

Anyone who doesn't want Wrexham to come through the playoffs is a surely a wrong 'un. Except maybe Solihull as they did finish second, but, hey, thems the breaks.

Comment

Nowt wrong wi' Harrogate. Like Solihull and Eastleigh they have built up to this stage in proper fashion. Probably slightly early for them though, seeing as this is their first ever season in the Conference National. The jump to the Football League might be a shock to the system of the club. But based on romanticism, they or Solihull would be my personal preferences ahead of Wrexham.

Comment

Delighted for Orient, hoping the away trip falls on a date I can make it next season. Also got my fingers crossed for Wrexham in the playoffs...

Comment

Nothing against Wrexham but would love to see Solihull go up, or if not them then Harrogate.
                                  Actually I can accept any outcome as long as it isn't the Class of 92 ego trip celebrating.

Comment

Another one here delighted to be welcoming the O's to Whaddon Road next season.

As for who comes up with them, Wrexham or Solihull please. Wrexham because every time I've seen them we've had decent games and their fans have always been good to chat to in the pub before games, Solihull due to their Cheltenham connections in Danny Wright and Kyle Storer. Especially Stoz, who I don't think got a fair crack of the whip with us when we got promoted a couple of years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                      Danny Wright and Kyle Storer
                                      Both former Wrexham players as well. So yeah, if not us I'd probably go with Solihull too.

Comment

Solihull, Wrexham, any of the others apart from Salford.

I like saying 'Eastleigh are Beastleigh' in a Noel Coward voice sometimes, but that's flimsy stuff to build either an antagonism or affection on.

Comment

Eastleigh definitely were wrong 'uns back in the day.

Comment

Eastleigh gave us a decent game a few weeks ago, as have Harrogate – twice – so I'm fine with either of those. Solihull have overachieved admirably in many ways, but they're a fairly brutal and unlovely side, but ultimately I'd want it to be Wrexham. They've suffered long enough.

As for us, well Saturday was a weird way to win promotion. The only two previous promotions I'd seen had involved late goals and unbearable tension, but this was a sort of freewheel over the finish line, for all the nervousness we felt beforehand. It was a lovely day, obviously, and got quite choked up for the team themselves, who seem such a likeable bunch, epitomised by the wonderful Jobi McAnuff. And there was a beautiful, vindicating symmetry about being on the pitch on the last Saturday of April having also been on it, in very different circumstances, on the last Saturday of April two years ago.

Comment

Nice post E10.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                Eastleigh gave us a decent game a few weeks ago, as have Harrogate – twice – so I'm fine with either of those. Solihull have overachieved admirably in many ways, but they're a fairly brutal and unlovely side, but ultimately I'd want it to be Wrexham. They've suffered long enough.

As for us, well Saturday was a weird way to win promotion. The only two previous promotions I'd seen had involved late goals and unbearable tension, but this was a sort of freewheel over the finish line, for all the nervousness we felt beforehand. It was a lovely day, obviously, and got quite choked up for the team themselves, who seem such a likeable bunch, epitomised by the wonderful Jobi McAnuff. And there was a beautiful, vindicating symmetry about being on the pitch on the last Saturday of April having also been on it, in very different circumstances, on the last Saturday of April two years ago.
                                                It was 3 years ago yesterday that we lifted the National League trophy - as you say it was such a lovely day after what we had witnessed a year before in going down.

Football can be frustrating and disappointing the majority of the time, but it's these moments of glory, when the whole club (fans, players, coaches, staff and board) all just seem to pull together, that we really live for in my eyes.

Comment

One of us talking to the Beeb.

Comment

Rumours that Gateshead are closing to folding. If true that would mean a reprieve for Aldershot.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X