No announcement yet.

2020 vision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's fine if a playoff is "host for group D v AN Other" as they can put exactly that team in that slot in group D. It gets tricky if a playoff is "host for group B v "host for group C". They'd have to do something to draw some teams into an "either or" scenario depending on the eventual playoff outcome. Not very satisfactory for fans hoping to have some certainty about what games to buy tickets for to see their teams in the groups.

Comment

The possibility of two draws is insane. Multiple hosts who might not even qualify just seems unworkable. What happens to unwanted host tickets, etc?

Comment

For those who didn't get tickets but are still interested, check your emails or log-on to the UEFA 2020 site as they've released first come first served tickets. Just checked and there are semi-final tickets for Wembley starting from 85 euros available, and for the final at 95 euros.

Comment

Monkey, if you can still get any final tickets at any price up to Cat 2 I will take them! Can transfer cash ASAP.

Comment

Sorry, just seen this. Mate is on my log in and says all there is for the final is 945 nicker now.

Comment

No problem, you did well to get in early, the e-mails seem to be very hit and miss in who is getting them and when.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-08-2019, 19:01.

Comment

England play their first ever game in Kosovo on 11/17. Might be interesting if England have already qualified.

Comment

You've been in the States for too long...

Comment

The 11th of Septendecember?

Comment

Apologies. Copied it from my screen without reversing to the UK format.

Comment

I haven't received any emails. Just tried to log in and my status still won't let me apply for any fresh tickets.

Comment

This stage of the sale seems to have been particularly shambolic and uneven. Some people I know who were successful in the last round were invited to buy again but plenty who got nothing then have received no e-mails today.

I did manage to get a couple of final tickets by a roundabout route but not at the bargain prices Monkey managed!
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-02-2020, 10:22.

Comment

Seems to have been very random, I got incredibly lucky though. I received an email on one of our two unsuccessful applications at about 2:40, but didn't spot it til 4:50. I clicked the link and joined a slow looking queue, but had to leave work at 6 with the little red bar only about 25% full. To my surprise when I got home I appeared to still be in the queue and kept an eye on it for the next hour or so and sure enough I got onto the website. There was only a couple of matches left, in Baku and Dublin. I filtered to Dublin and the 3 matches available were the 3 I needed, no cheap 50eruo tickets, but I was able to pick up a pair for each in Category B (125e) and splashed out on 4 for one of the them to bring the kids.

EDIT: looking back at this I got these extra tickets on the account I'd previously been successful on, which seems bizarre and unfair. Did they whitelist people who had already purchased, I wonder? Just logged on this morning and there are a few Cat A tickets left on my offer for one of the Dublin games and in all categories for the 4 Baku games
                            Last edited by seand; 23-08-2019, 08:38.

Comment

Another UEFA ticket shit show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51574395

Despite being unsuccessful, I never received another opportunity to buy tickets. My UEFA account is also saying that no application was made under my name (not true). It's a total fuck up compared to other tournaments and sports events I've been to.

Comment

I didn't really think about it at the time but I'm another in the initially unsuccessful but not advised of further opportunities group.

Comment

I knew their was a second chance to get tickets after the latest ballot but I received no email but did manage to find a link to buy tickets to games in Baku but no other venues.

Comment

Like a couple of others have mentioned, no promised email from Uefa to advise me about subsequent ballots, but I did manage to get two tickets to one of the games at Hampden Park through the re-sale platform yesterday - there were tickets at the higher price end going for Glasgow and about 5 of the other venues (though not Wembley when I looked).

Comment

A tweet from an England Fans account I can’t remember even following told me of the re-sale for tickets, not an email, as promised. I’ve since checked my junk email and it’s not there either.

I was in a queue for about three hours yesterday whilst I worked and when I got to the front of it, tickets for the Wembley games were €125 for the round of 16 game, €345 for one of the Semi-Finals and €595 for the other one. As much as I want to go to the Euros, I’m not paying that.

I had a quick scan of other games, particularly Glasgow, but I would have had to have a couple of days off work, pay £100 for flights or approx. £30 to sit on a Megabus/National Express for roughly 20 hours and likely £25 for a hostel in Glasgow and with a week in Turkey, a day out at Lords and the Baseball at the London Stadium in June already pencilled in, I couldn’t justify it.

Comment

UEFA are currently trying to punt out their stock of obsolete 2020 souvenirs with the pitch, "Own a piece of history."

Typically, they don't seem to have adjusted prices downwards to acknowledge that they now have warehouses full of unsellable junk whose only real purpose might be to provide a throwaway gag in a future reboot of Minder.

Comment

I don't know. I had an England World Cup 94 cap that some chancer had rather hopefully manufactured too early. Got a fair few appreciative comments, as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                            Got a fair few appreciative comments, as I recall.
                                            "Do I like that!"

Comment

The kid at Elgin Academy with the England ‘74 bag didn’t fare so well.
                                              He was still carrying it months later, all through the following school year, so I imagine his mum saying ‘there’s plenty of wear left in that bag, you’re not getting another one’

Comment

Christ, it's not often you think 'there's a kid who'd be better off in care', but...

Comment

I wonder if when he grew up he got a full back tattoo of his favourite club player, only for said idol to be transferred a fortnight later.

Edit: the kid at Elgin Academy, not pebble, although OTF is the place for sharing.
                                                  Last edited by Benjm; 19-03-2020, 11:11.

Comment

I've got a 'Road to Euro 2020' Panini album that I bought a while back. It's still empty and in the packaging, but they were widely available. It doesn't look like the actual tournament album got as far as coming out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X