No announcement yet.

2020 vision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made two applications of 14 matches each with some crossover between the two for London & Glasgow's games (the latter appear to be relatively unsubscribed looking at the site).

Hoping to put a third on of just London matches but my brother has gone and used his own details which used to be the info on one of my UEFA accounts, the blaggard. Seeing if I can open a new one.

Comment

You can probably have the London ones that I have requested. I am realising I may have bitten off more than I can chew especially if Wales actually qualify.

Comment

I have amended my previous boutique application to the more traditional throw everything at the wall and worry about what happens if they somehow all come up later.

Comment

Added in the 2nd round game in Dublin, which will feature the winner of England's group if they qualify.

Comment

No joy at all for me, other than an option on a mate's spare for match 18 in Bucharest.

Comment

Got these but am not going to be able to take them up as I haven't got the financial wiggle room presently.

Match 3, Saturday 13 June 2020, 00:00 (local time*), Copenhagen, Group B vs. Group B
              Category 3, 4 tickets 200.00 EUR

Match 19, Friday 19 June 2020, 00:00 (local time*), Glasgow, Group D vs. Group D
              Category 3, 4 tickets 200.00 EUR

Comment

Ah, thought there'd already be a thread. Did search. Not very well, evidently. You have until August 18 to pay, Bored. And if you have to sell next year you'll at least make your money back.

Comment

Hmmm, I've got Euro €€10k plus of expensive tickets over my three applications. If anything, I've hit that a little too well.

I'll probably not pay for the two more expensive applications (as you have to take all or nothing) which will cancel them and keep the cheaper one as it's got tickets for every London game except the final on it.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-08-2019, 14:51.

Comment

Hang on, most of those London games are going to be England games, aren't they? FFS!

Comment

It didn't really sink in with me until quite late on but the greatly increased number of games where one team is at home is a real downside to the multiple host set up.

Comment

I applied for eight matches and was successful with one - the last group D match at Hampden Park.

Comment

We ended up with tickets for one match from 3 applications for 4 matches each. Restricting myself to the cheapest tickets in Dublin only that was about as good I as dared hope/expect. We'll see what happens over the next few months

Comment

My brother has been successful with applications for Hampden and Wembley. He's asked me if I'd like some. Will probably do Hampden and maybe a Wembley one. (Or maybe all 3 of the ones he got at Wembley)

Comment

I'll put it out there now.... if anyone has 1-4 spares going for any of the group games in Dublin I've a good home from them!

Comment

I put in for 2 games in Dublin, 2 in Bilbao, 2 at Wembley and one at Hampden.

Got fuck all.

First time I've ever been unsuccessful in a tournament ballot, had to happen eventually I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                  Got fuck all.

First time I've ever been unsuccessful in a tournament ballot, had to happen eventually I suppose.
                                  Likewise. First time for any major sporting event that I've got nothing back. Could do with saving the money mind.
                                  Last edited by Arturo; 06-08-2019, 19:48.

Comment

Got shag all.

Comment

I've managed to move on one whole application to someone so they can use the London tickets to that's around Euro 4k dodged. It contains a pair of tickets for each Bilbao game so I may take those back as I quite fancy a jaunt out there including a game or two.

Comment

Spain will be playing in Bilbao for the first time in 53 years which given the fact that they play in myriad venues is quite something. Obviously, as we all know, there's a backstory to this.

Comment

Is it definite that, should host countries qualify, they will be playing their matches at home?

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                            Is it definite that, should host countries qualify, they will be playing their matches at home?
                                            At least two of their group games I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post

At least two of their group games I think it is.
                                              Yeh, if the two teams sharing hosting duties in a group (e.g. Spain and Ireland or England and Scotland) both qualify both will have two home games in the group with the venue for the game between the two hosts drawn. I think that's the deal anyway

Comment

Does it make the away teams more likely to park the bus?

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post

Yeh, if the two teams sharing hosting duties in a group (e.g. Spain and Ireland or England and Scotland) both qualify both will have two home games in the group with the venue for the game between the two hosts drawn. I think that's the deal anyway
                                                  I would have thought that there would be some warm balls used to ensure that hosts are separated in the groups - assuming they qualify - or have which qualifying places feed into which groups already been sorted out and I missed that?

Comment

Hosts definitively won't be kept apart, as we already know what groups and games are in what cities. So if Ireland and Spain both qualify they will both be placed together in Group E. (Likewise Eng/Scot, Rus/Den, Ita/Azb, Ned/Rom, Ger/Hun). The hosts will be placed in their groups, then the rest of the draw will fit around them, but it's a bit unclear as to how that'll work. Not sure what happens if two group hosts have the same seeding- e.g. its quite possible that say Denmark and Russia will qualify as second seeds and be placed in the same group- is that group topped up with a third seed and fourth seed? I dunno. Details of the draw for the finals are below (from the fairly useful Euro2020 wikipedia page). I'm particularly enjoying the last clause

The draw for the final tournament will be held on 30 November 2019, 13:00 CET (14:00 local time, EET) at Romexpo in Bucharest, Romania.[31][32][33] The 24 teams are drawn into six groups of four. The identity of the four play-off teams are not known at the time of the draw, and will be identified as play-off winners 1 to 4. The following principles will be applied:[1]
                                                    • The teams are seeded in accordance with the European Qualifiers overall ranking based on their results in UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying.
                                                    • For host teams which have qualified, or may qualify through play-offs, they will be drawn into the groups based on the host city pairings.
                                                    • If both host teams within one group qualify directly for the final tournament, a draw will decide which team host their head-to-head match.
                                                    • If any of the host nations are in the qualifying play-offs, and there are groups which cannot be finalised at the time of the final tournament draw, another draw will be held after the play-offs on 1 April 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X