• Time
  • Show
Clear All

gavc23 - great spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      Jesus's face sums up the foreign players recation;

https://twitter.com/ElliotHackney/status/1127951316834226176

Had it been won at Leicester, they'd all have had Glacier Mints. Elsewhere, it could've been Bluebird Toffee, for which they'd have needed a Hammer.

I'm sure other Premier League confectionery-based humour is also available.

Comment

Everton Mints.

Comment

Chelsea buns

Comment

Oi! This is not the Guardian football comments section.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

It's close, John, but not quite the same. Our original colour, Eton Blue, is more like Cambridge Blue, which you see on the tunics and the tips of the Cambridge crew's oars during the Boat Race. Arsenal just describe the shade of the shirts as a "modern green base colour."
              I thought of this post and the ensuing discussion when I saw this today :

https://twitter.com/fctimenations/status/1346757971573952513?s=21

Comment

A surprisingly clean-shaven team for the times, I've always thought.

Founder Gus Mears on the far-left there with the legendary Fred Parker above-right of him.

Comment

I didn't know Stan Laurel had been involved with the club.

Comment

Quite like the black socks, incidentally, and interesting to see a couple of pairs of, what, white/grey/silver boots, though maybe that's the colouriser having a bit of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                      I didn't know Stan Laurel had been involved with the club.

Heh! Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was. The club was a common target of the music hall comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                        William Foulke showing more than we need to see. He was a big bloke, but didn't look obese in that photo.

Comment

He appears to have been big in every direction. Which probably helped, as a ‘keeper... Given people were on average smaller back then, he must have seemed enormous.

I mean, compare him to the bloke on his left. It’s ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                          X