No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, I can remember blameless snr's passport from the 80s. It was black.

Comment

Even the Government can't agree

“The colour of the new passport will be returning to its previous navy blue,” the statement says. “The image alongside our announcement … is a mock-up produced for illustrative purposes before the final design is completed. The colour will be navy blue and the design embossed in gold.”

The statement goes on to say: “Since its introduction in 1921, there have been a few variants of that navy blue colour but it has never been black, as some commentators have suggested.”

However, all that effort has been undermined by the online application process for obtaining a British passport. The form asks applicants if they have previously held a British passport. Then they are asked to specify whether it was “a dark red passport” or “a black or blue passport”.
      Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-04-2019, 15:14.

Comment

I've got my old one in the bedside drawer at home and it was navy blue last time I looked at it. I'll check again.

One idea that does interest me is Ursus's about how well a fabric/leather may keep it's colour. I wonder if the blue ones have degraded to a darker colour over time?

Comment

All pigments change over time. Blues can be particularly fugitive, but generally get lighter.

It can also be a matter of where you're looking at the passport. Colour is essentially light, and the colour temperature of the light source you're viewing a colour under changes its appearance, sometimes dramatically. Blues tend to wash out under artificial light, so it's very possible that a very dark navy passport seen under tungsten or firelight, for example, would appear black, but not in daylight

Comment

So Brighton are fucked.

Comment

That's not good news. Worse, you're now reduced to cheering on Liverpool, Man Utd and Palace.

Odds on Brighton will survive, but Hughton won't.

Comment

Brighton are going down like Notre Dame's steeple.

Tan United to be the worst ever team to stay up in the PL?

Comment

Nah, we stayed up under Mark Hughes.

Comment

Ughhhhh... trying to get rid of Colin right now is like trying to flush a floater.

Comment

The Championship doesn't want him either, he'll only be vomited back up.

Comment

Ah, Spurs.

Comment

Spurs seem to have written this one off so it will be a massive fuck-up if Man City cannot hold this lead. Sissoko is clearly injured but I'm not sure why the other changes have been made apart from rotation and rest. Spurs may also feel that Arsenal and Chelsea have just as many fixture issues as them and will drop points.

On the other hand, it does mean that Spurs will probably finish the Bank Holiday in 5th.

It's tempting to hex Man City by saying that they really just need to peak again v Man U on Weds to win the title.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 20-04-2019, 12:00.

Comment

Phil Foden is turning into quite a weird-looking guy.

Comment

Im not sure about the keeper, however
                              Trippier has been carrying an injury most of the season, Rose is still unable to play two intense games per week.
                              Sissoko is injured, Wanyama coming back from a knee injury that has kept him out of the team the last year.

Besides that, it's a full strength team.
                              Also note that Wanyama, Rose and Llorente were brought on.

Looking at the number of chances in this game, it could easily be 3-2 to either side and Man City look to be the team hanging on despite all their possession.

Comment

Man City look knackered and are starting arguments/diving/tactical fouling to run the clock down.
                                Man united must be rubbing their hands in anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                  Man City look knackered and are starting arguments/diving/tactical fouling to run the clock down.
                                  A Pep Guardiola side would never lower themselves to such behaviour.

Comment

Sake, Spurs. Win the one that doesn't matter, lose the one that does. Selfish pricks.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                      Sake, Spurs. Win the one that doesn't matter, lose the one that does. Selfish pricks.
                                      Lol, we did a pretty good job softening them up for Man United to deliver the killer blow.

Comment

Always loved Man United. Great bunch of lads

Comment

Roll on Wednesday

Comment

We try, but they usually end up beating us anyway.

Comment

Aerosol Thursday?

Comment

So, Phil Foden's eyebrows. Before I take the piss can I check he hasn't got some kind of eyebrow related congenital deformity or disability. I don't want to be inadvertently ableist.

Comment

The Americans got there first

Phil Foden needs a stylist.

Meet Phil Foden. At just 18, he’s already won a Premier League title, the U17 FIFA World Cup, the Golden Ball in that tournament, and he’s also been named BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year. From a distance, you could say he has everything going for him. You would be wrong. Friends, we need to talk about Phil Foden’s style. Amazon

There’s a lot going on here. The matching groutfit. The shaved Charlie Puth eyebrows. The disaster of a hairdo, which Ringer intern Julianna Ress described as looking like he asked for a specific cut but then put zero effort into maintaining it. Even when he dresses up, it doesn’t look great.

Amazon
                                                  Get a suit that fits, my dude. And hire a stylist. You’re too wealthy and will soon be too famous to dress like an Eastbay model who gets his news from vloggers’ Instagram stories.

Comment

I once commented to a friend "that Edgar Davids, who does he think he is wearing sunglasses in a game?" then had it explained to me.

I felt this big. <holds thumb and forefinger 1cm apart>

Edit: to PT

Comment

Working...
                                                    X