Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Oh and another shouting match indicating that Sean Dyche and Chris Hughton really don’t like each other. There’s been a simmering anger between them for a few seasons now.
    What reason would there be? Have their paths crossed in the past?

Comment

Oh and another shouting match indicating that Sean Dyche and Chris Hughton really don’t like each other. There’s been a simmering anger between them for a few seasons now.
      Hmm, I w​​onder what it could be about Chris Hughton that Dyche doesn't seem to like?

In unrelated news, here's a Burnley squad and coaching staff photo:

Comment

Bloody hell Raith Rovers have a more diverse squad than that

Comment

That's got to be assist of the season from Firmino today.

Comment

He's not in the photo but Aaron Lennon still plays for Burnley.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
              What reason would there be? Have their paths crossed in the past?
              Can't really pin it down better than the 2014-15 season when both teams were challenging for the title and promotion. Both games were pretty ill-tempered.

Comment

Oof. Hendrick definitely got away with that.

Comment

It's odd. There's no-one in Irish football who has a bad word to say about Chris Hughton, (which is rare) and richie Sadlier who was a former teammate of Dyche (and does punditry on rte, and does indepth player interviews on Garcia's podcast) is of the opinion that dyche is a decent thoughtful intelligent man, and there's no side to him. If he had, er, doubts about him, He wouldn't say that, because that would come back on him and his judgement. Basically to paraphrase him, he's the opposite of Alan Pardew. I suppose it's just the sort of row that people who are competing in the same confined space can build up because they're a bit similar.
                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 09-02-2019, 23:30.

Comment

I just think that they don't get on. I can think of plenty of incidents in the games between the two sides - the Hendrick one is the latest but I've been reminded that in the reverse fixture last month, Phil Bardsley was kicked in the head by a Brighton defender in the penalty area and it wasn't given. Prior to that we've had the infamous "Justice!" game where Clarets had a last minute equaliser that was over the line chalked off (they equalised from the resulting corner) and Joey Barton was assaulted twice by Brighton players, including a knee to the back of the head. Plus last season Glenn Murray dived for a penalty (he missed) and on the other side, James Tarkowski got a three match suspension from video evidence for an elbow. I think Hughton has complained about Burnley time-wasting which is total pot and kettle and this is all from memory, let alone some of the other stuff that we don't see or hear.

So, I just don't think they like each other.
                    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 09-02-2019, 23:39.

Comment

They seemed to have a very friendly chat and embrace at the start of the game.

Probably just heat of the moment stuff, (no Asia quips, please).

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        That's got to be assist of the season from Firmino today.
                        That's probably just the recency effect in action. It's a really lovely move, but If you look back it's probably not even firmino's best assist to Salah, let alone assist of the season. I mean can you remember the goals in the return fixture? Football is changing ridiculously quickly and it's increasingly starting to resemble something out of shaolin soccer. .
                        Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 10-02-2019, 01:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                          He's not in the photo but Aaron Lennon still plays for Burnley.
                          Nahki Wells is still technically a Burnley player too (extreme right, middle row)

Comment

It’s the 2017-18 squad and photoshopped to fuck. The Dean Marney and Scott Arfield headshots are a mess.

It also misses out Dan Agyei and George Kevin N’Koudou who had first team game time. I assume that it was taken shortly after Tendayi Darikwa and Andre Gray had left.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

That's probably just the recency effect in action. It's a really lovely move, but If you look back it's probably not even firmino's best assist to Salah, let alone assist of the season. I mean can you remember the goals in the return fixture? Football is changing ridiculously quickly and it's increasingly starting to resemble something out of shaolin soccer. .
                              All probably true. But that one even got a chuckle and approving nod from Mrs Thistle despite it being Evil Liverpool.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Berbs. Some of the one touch stuff and assists between Salah, Firmino and Mane last season were mind blowing. They've been missing a bit this year, but yesterday there were a couple of psychic connection passes that looked like they came from March/April last year.

Comment

It's not just a liverpool thing though, this is all getting out of hand. Man utd lost 3-1 to west ham earlier this season, and the game was grim as fuck, but it featured both a "Zola" backheeled volley from a corner by Marcus Rashford, and a "Lee Sharpe" by felipe anderson.

Comment

Pah. Even players in Division Three are doing outrageous things.

https://twitter.com/photosofootball/status/1094343543915716608

Comment

Players in division three were doing outrageous things five years ago if my memories of that Football league programme that used to be on after MOTD is anything to go by.

Comment

Pah. Even players in Division Three are doing outrageous things.

https://twitter.com/photosofootball/status/1094343543915716608
                                        Bet it didn't lead to a goal, though.

Comment

New definition of 'Spursy-ness' this season: 'Play within yourselves for 85% of the game, yet still pick up the three points.'

Some good performances, however - and Sissoko the only real leader on the pitch. Never, ever thought I'd hear myself say that...

Comment

Unbelievable miss by Aguero...followed by an unbelievable strike by Aguero.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                              New definition of 'Spursy-ness' this season: 'Play within yourselves for 85% of the game, yet still pick up the three points.'

Some good performances, however - and Sissoko the only real leader on the pitch. Never, ever thought I'd hear myself say that...
                                              In a couple of these games lately Spurs must have been feeling a bit like the Samuel L Jackson character in pulp fiction, after the guy shoots six bullets at him from point blank range and misses every time, or maybe it's more of a leicester thing.

Comment

Is Sarri trying to make some sort of point here? Chelsea are just being blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

In a couple of these games lately Spurs must have been feeling a bit like the Samuel L Jackson character in pulp fiction, after the guy shoots six bullets at him from point blank range and misses every time, or maybe it's more of a leicester thing.
                                                  In this case, a bit of both, probably. But it can't just be 'luck' if you're doing it every week...

Meanwhile, Chelsea getting absolutely annihilated at Man City. Which - despite stretching the latter's lead over us - is always fun.

Comment

WOW. This could feasibly be 10.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X