Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EIM View Post
    But he guarantees social media activity, which means Star-fucker Woodward will give him the job.
    This in an even bigger Nutshell !

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
      Name a realistic replacement. And I'm not convinced he should go just yet.
      There's loads of managers available who'd want to come to Burnley, surely? For example:

Last edited by Kevin S; 06-12-2018, 12:27.

Comment

Welp, it's been nice knowing you, Kev.

Comment

I edited to add Flores in at the end there. He's ok, isn't he?

Comment

Funny thing, really - we've not had much of a rivalry with Burnley this past decade and if you look at the league finishes you'll see why. Both teams seem to be yo-yoing but with opposite swings, like we're counterweights or something.

I've done a graph to show what I mean - blue lines mark the divisions. Fingers crossed we may be due another switchover in 2019-20.

Last edited by Kevin S; 06-12-2018, 12:52.

Comment

Comment

In the above compilation, Bruce is catching a falling cornish pasty and Pardew and the official are auditioning for Up The Arse Corner.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-12-2018, 13:38.

Comment

It seems that Joe Gomez has suffered a lower leg fracture after Burnley's "enthusiastic" tackling last night.

Comment

Fuck sake

Comment

Fucking Lovren so

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                        Tell you what - going off on the tangent that's been opened here - they are masters of the story arc over at WWE, aren't they?

This incident was over 4 years ago and it sounds like they want to come back to it now apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                          I edited to add Flores in at the end there. He's ok, isn't he?
                          I thought that was House MD.

Anyway, catching up on MOTD. That was a scissor tackle by Ben Mee on Gomez wasn't it. What a bastard.

Comment

BDG will be tittering with glee at how Sarri is wearing his glasses for the interview.

Comment

Arsenal's awful gelato kit. Not clocked that before. Wish I hadn't now.

Comment

So Southampton have a change strip that's red with red stripes?

Comment

Have we had a Premier League manager with the first name Ralf or Ralph before?

Comment

Dyche giving it large that there's nothing wrong with leg breakers, but going to ground without contact is cheating and therefore much worse.
                                    Which bought two things to mind. 1. If a tackle is outside the rules it is by definition, cheating. The professional foul to stop a break for example is no less cheating, than a bit of a dive. Nor is a late challenge because you want to give the oppo something to think about. Or holding in the box at a corner. I don't recall him being antsy when his team do that.
                                    2. How many dives break legs?
                                    Last edited by hobbes; 06-12-2018, 18:10.

Comment

Haha that's ace. Brighton's Liam Balogan (?sp) came on because Shane Duffy was a total idiot and got himself sent off as Brighton were prepping for a corner that shouldn't have been given. Then the corner comes in and Balogan scores with his first touch.

Comment

Oooh Warnock looks grimmer-faced than usual at Cardiff's missed penalty.

Comment

The word 'cheating' always suggests to me at some level of deception, however. One could argue this of certain types of foul, but I'm not sure that an openly reckless tackle falls under that definition.

(Similarly, I seem to remember some people describing Luis Suarez's World Cup handball as 'cheating': while Maradona's certainly was, I think the former's was too transparent and brazen to be described thus.)

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                            Dyche giving it large that there's nothing wrong with leg breakers, but going to ground without contact is cheating and therefore much worse.
                                            Which bought two things to mind. 1. If a tackle is outside the rules it is by definition, cheating.
                                            No he fucking didn't.

Klopp: When players are sliding in like that it can get dangerous, because of the speed, and somebody has to say stop with these tackles. “I said after the first challenge, I don’t know who did it, sliding tackle from six or seven yards, getting the ball, everybody likes it, I said to the ref ‘it’s no foul but please tell them you cannot do that’."

See that? It's no foul.

Dyche: "I was a little confused. I think he said something to the effect – I might have this wrong - that there was a sliding tackle from some distances that everyone liked, and it was a good tackle, but you’re not allowed to do it, even though everyone liked it. “And then I (Klopp) went to see the referee, and everyone liked it, and it’s a fair tackle, but you shouldn’t do that tackle. “I couldn’t make out what part of that was right and wrong. [..]I think the only one that was questionable was Bardo’s (Phil Bardsley) on (Alberto) Moreno, I think Ben Mee’s was a fantastic tackle. I’m not saying Jurgen Klopp’s view is wrong. I’m just giving you my view. Of course, football managers can question whatever they want, but I don’t think they can reinvent the rules though. Unless I’ve lost my mind, the rules are that if you make a fair and honest challenge, and you’re in control of that challenge, than it’s just a fair and honest challenge."

Its a good thing Ben Mee doesn't have a Twitter account as he would have a hundred cunts pouring through his posting history as I type. And perhaps Burnley should do more of that cheating thing, considering we've had neither a penalty awarded or a red card for a player for the thick end of two seasons.

Comment

Emery on Guendouzi getting his hair pulled by that prick Fellaini:

I think the best thing is that he cuts his hair before the next match, then the problem is finished, just as Fellaini did. I have not told him that to his face, though. I respect a lot the players; their hair and their hair colour.”
                                              Boooo.

Comment

Ben Mee's tackle on Gomez was clearly a scissor tackle. Now maybe he did that by mistake, in which case he's just a poor defender. Maybe Dyche hadn't seen the replay when he described it as brilliant and he could well have revised his opinion. If he saw that tackle on replay and thought it was brilliant then I'm radically revising my previously held high opinion of him.

Based on watching Burnley for 90 minutes away at the universally declaimed shittest team ever to get promoted to the Premier League, there's a reason why Burnley will never win penalties. A stone cold unanswerable reason.

To win a penalty you have to be your opponents penalty box. If you're not in the box, ever, you'll never get a pen.

Comment

You do know the injury was caused by Gomez hitting the hoarding, yes?

Comment

He still wrapped his legs scissor style round Gomez's leg. It was not a good tackle.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X