No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell. Lukaku scores. He's having a tough time of it, coming back from the world cup with a greater mass than the Vatican, and the fans having been on his back since he asked them to stop singing about his penis. A lot of the criticism has been well over the top, even though he has been, and I'm going to choose my words carefully here so as not to get sucked into the typical social media football fan trap of hyperbole, dogshit.

I hope he takes his chance, he's a better player than he's showing, and Solskjaer seems to realise he was being used wrongly by Mourinho. He'll have to go some to get back in my FIFA 19 team though. The pace, movement and interplay of Martial, Lingard and Rashford is too irresistible to break up right now.

Comment

Ten men Hearts equalise against Celtic from the spot. Celtic gifted it to them. Wrapped it up with paper, little sequin things, bow, gift tag, the works.

Comment

I'll be surprised if we get a point out of this one.

Arsenal doing their usual against a team who can't play away from home. (4-1)

Comment

That tackle by Pedro on Eriksen in Chelsea's box is one of the best things I've seen all season.

Comment

Big Rom doing bits to make it 2-0. It was a carbon copy of Van Basten in Euro 88, if Van Basten was on the other side, closer in and not at as tight an angle.

Spurs are losing which opens up the frankly ludicrous prospect of Manchester United finishing 3rd.

Wait, scratch that, Palace scored while I was making my stirfry.

Comment

Divock Origi has scored. I don't quite know what to make of this.

Comment

Edouard scores in injury time for Celtic. Neil Lennon impassive as you'd expect.

Comment

4-0. Liverpool - who are definitely not flat-track bullies - get another one through easily the best Dutch defender the league has EVER seen, Virgil Van Dijk.

Comment

Most bizarre OG ever? Ensures Spurs's drawless season continues.

Comment

Ashley Young makes it 3-1, according to my group chat but not The Guardian mbm yet. That could make it 8 away wins on the bounce. That's not bad, that.

Comment

5-0 Liverpool. Erm.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                          Most bizarre OG ever? Ensures Spurs's drawless season continues.
                          I don't know about bizarre given some of the classics in the past but certainly one of the most avoidable. Trippier watched Lloris charge out and then put it exactly where he'd come from. As my son pointed out, if it was a forward you'd be congratulating him for drawing the keeper forward then sliding it past him.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                            Ashley Young makes it 3-1, according to my group chat but not The Guardian mbm yet. That could make it 8 away wins on the bounce. That's not bad, that.
                            Following a match by group chat? Game's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Following a match by group chat? Game's gone.
                              Couldn't get a stream working, two of my mates have IPTV. I'm not sorry.

Comment

You think an old man like me has a clue what IPTV is?

Comment

Kodi? No?

Comment

Kodi but better

Comment

<wink and a gun>

Comment

The disparity in quality between Mane's first and second touch for his second goal is comical.

Comment

I actually did a proper LOL. First touch, appalling. Second touch, sublime.

Comment

Javier Gracia should be called Javier Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I don't know about bizarre given some of the classics in the past but certainly one of the most avoidable. Trippier watched Lloris charge out and then put it exactly where he'd come from. As my son pointed out, if it was a forward you'd be congratulating him for drawing the keeper forward then sliding it past him.
                                              Even I had to laugh at that. I don't know what the hell has happened to Trippier this season - almost as though a decent World Cup has gone to his head.

Mind you, I'll laugh at most things at the moment, stuck as I am at a fogbound Eelde airport for the (not very) foreseeable future...

Comment

Apparently both Espanyol and Torino have won league derbies since the last time Everton beat Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                  Even I had to laugh at that. I don't know what the hell has happened to Trippier this season - almost as though a decent World Cup has gone to his head.

Mind you, I'll laugh at most things at the moment, stuck as I am at a fogbound Eelde airport for the (not very) foreseeable future...
                                                  Jah, Trippier has always been a deeply average player. HesH weak in the tackle, a coward plays with his head down and takes too long to make up his mind when on the ball. Look at the goal, he initially tried to shepherd the ball to Lloris, it was clear the ball had insufficient pace to get to the keeper and the Chelsea player was bearing down.
                                                  Similar thing happened in the man u loss when he dawdled on the ball before he gave it away and we got done on the counter. You know a player is dodgy on the ball becubec whenever he gets it in a defensive position, it triggers the opposition full press (as it does with Forth and Dier).

Trippier looks good when not up against a winger or wide attacker. Otherwise, I prefer Aurier.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Jah, Trippier has always been a deeply average player. HesH weak in the tackle, a coward plays with his head down and takes too long to make up his mind when on the ball. Look at the goal, he initially tried to shepherd the ball to Lloris, it was clear the ball had insufficient pace to get to the keeper and the Chelsea player was bearing down.
                                                    Similar thing happened in the man u loss when he dawdled on the ball before he gave it away and we got done on the counter. You know a player is dodgy on the ball becubec whenever he gets it in a defensive position, it triggers the opposition full press (as it does with Forth and Dier).
                                                    Apart from these details, not a bad man to have on your team?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X