Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time 3 subs used in second half in premier since 2015

Comment

Firmino also went off after half an hour. His injury was bizarre. He just twisted his ankle running along.

Comment

Should have been a pen there for Matip. McTominay pulling him down in the box

Comment

Liverpool are chucking this away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
            First time 3 subs used in second half in premier since 2015
            First half.

Comment

Fucks sake. There for the taking and Liverpool bottled it. Piss poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

First half.
                Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                  Fucks sake. There for the taking and Liverpool bottled it. Piss poor.
                  Again, yep.

Comment

There was a moment there in the first half when salah is cutting in from the right, and all that stands between him and the goal is Juan mata with a torn hamstring. and he runs right into him. Mata kicks the ball out and is substituted. Leonidas was but a timid Walter the softy compared to Juan Mata.

Comment

I'd suggest that moment had less to do with Mata's qualities than Salah's lack thereof, today. After Mata went off Mo proceeded to make Luke Shaw look like a competent full back, rather than the balsa-wood panic-statue he usually is. I think someone must have slipped Salah a micky before the game.

Comment

Or he's rediscovering his Chelsea form

Comment

Weird from Liverpool. We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see how good a result that is for them. But my feeling is that Klopp bottled it, and Manchester United were there for the taking. It was far too easy for us given the injuries and the supposed gap in quality between the sides.

Comment

The thing is, there isn't really (much of) a gap in quality between the sides. I mean, you had Alexei Sanchez as 3rd sub. It's just Mourinho broke them all.
                            Liverpool just had one of their "we can't pass" days and Klopp had one of his "We're having trouble getting in behind them so let's deploy the slowest player we have" days. If ENTER SHAQIRI had come on instead of Studge, I suspect We'd have been a bit more threatening. Likewise if he'd played TAA instead of Milner at full back we'd have been more penatrative.
                            Ho hum,

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                              you had Alexei Sanchez as 3rd sub.
                              Can't tell if this is meant to be a positive or negative.

Comment

Hey, it's your lot paying him half a million quid a week.

Comment

I think Sanchez, Fred and bailly probably got a horrible insight into their futures at the club there yesterday. a fully fit sanchez is a substantial distance behind a half fit jesse lingard. Fred is behind two children, and bailly needs the other defenders to be injured to have a sniff. I think sanchez is ultimately paying the price of averaging 12 internationals a year between 2011 and 2017 on top of an average of 48 club appearances. He's played through a lot of summers thanks to the copa america.

Comment

Fred must be fucking diabolical in training. Pereira is bang average and McTominay seemingly plays with the motto you can never do anything wrong if you never do anything. But because Matic and Herrera do nothing more than sit and stroll and run about a lot, they're fairly easy to replace (even though the midfield yesterday had a massive hole in it where Herrera would have been playing). The fact that Fred doesn't even come close to getting on the pitch doesn't bode well for him.

Bailly is unlucky that he's almost exactly the same as our other defenders who aren't Lindelof - injury-prone, inconsistent and average - but also fucking rash. Occasionally I still drift off to a transcendental state where psychedelic images of that passage of play where him and Jones took it in turns to slice the ball up straight up in the air against Derby County in the League Cup wash across my blissed out body while the Chuckle Brothers theme played by Captain Beefheart plays on loop. It's horrible. Like that time I accidentally took LSD before my ex-girlfriend came round, and she turned into a Japanese Olympic Mascot while she tried to have sex with me. A looming rabbit robot thing in winter sports gear reaching for your Hampton is not conducive to a romantic atmosphere.

People were whining about Jones getting a new 4 year contract recently, but what the fuck did they expect? Rojo, the cavalier buccaneer, the majestic maverick, the bare-chested marauderer, is an Ole Goner. There's no way he's staying. Bailly is also going to leave I'd have thought. That leaves Lindelof, who has worryingly been nicknamed the Iceman, possibly after the notorious psychopathic hitman Richard Kuklinski, Smalling and Jones. You can't expect to sign more than one top class centre back per year, so the club had to tie him down. Besides, he's not as bad as people think, and is often let down by his terrible gurning and propensity to fall on his face, step on rakes, smash plate glass windows with a ladder, and drop buckets of paint on his own head.

Fred is shit though, right enough. £50m for him. A towering monument to the excesses of the Woodward and Mourinho era. A useless white elephant who can't pass or tackle. An unneeded, unwanted, unnecessary signing that spunked a large chunk of the budget while other gaping needs were ignored, papered over and given a quick spit-polish.

Comment

I remember Man Utd fans (not of this parish, thankfully) lambasting Liverpool for only getting Fabinho when they were getting Fred. If seemed off to me then given how they were performing for Brazil.

Comment

He's shit an all.

Comment

The main thing I don't understand about the signing of Fred during the summer is that he's the same size as Lionel Messi. That was never going to be jose's thing. Ngolo Kante can pull off this trick, but only by being by far the best player in that position in the world. But Kante reads the game brilliantly, is a superb decision maker, and is incredibly fast and covers so much ground. I don't get that vibe off fred. i would have more patience with Perreira and McTominay though, as those players are relatively young and inexperienced at this level. Fred is 26 next week and is supposed to be at his peak.

Comment

Fabinho is good. Has the potential to be a tall Mascherano. It's just his misfortune to have to share a midfield with that boneless cunt Henderson.

Comment

Having Milner Henderson Fabinho and Wijnaldum in the same midfield is like serving up four different kinds of stew on one plate. And Henderson is the kind of stew with fucking school dinner dumplings and fuckin bisto trying to pass itself off as a daube. Fabinho might one day be a decent ragu. Milner is a solid bourguignonne, Wijnaldum a spicy peposo.

Every week Henderson isn't injured I die a little inside.
                                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 26-02-2019, 01:16.

Comment

Keita is that fancy zigzag drizzle you get over steak that might be good or might just be balsamic and notions.

Comment

I didn't see the game at the weekend but I did have a very nice meal.

Comment

Fabinho is more like Xabi alonso than mascherano. The ball is his friend to a much greater degree, and he's not primarily a defender in the way that mascherano was.

You didn't miss much. Try to imagine how intense a game you can have, when four players have gone off injured before half time. It was like a game where someone had suffered one of those horrendous injuries that the camera turns away from, and everyone is thinking about their own mortality. Liverpool mostly had the ball, and man utd kept their shape surprisingly well.
                                                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 26-02-2019, 01:09.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X