No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New definition of 'Spursy-ness' this season: 'Play within yourselves for 85% of the game, yet still pick up the three points.'

Some good performances, however - and Sissoko the only real leader on the pitch. Never, ever thought I'd hear myself say that...

Comment

Unbelievable miss by Aguero...followed by an unbelievable strike by Aguero.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
        New definition of 'Spursy-ness' this season: 'Play within yourselves for 85% of the game, yet still pick up the three points.'

Some good performances, however - and Sissoko the only real leader on the pitch. Never, ever thought I'd hear myself say that...
        In a couple of these games lately Spurs must have been feeling a bit like the Samuel L Jackson character in pulp fiction, after the guy shoots six bullets at him from point blank range and misses every time, or maybe it's more of a leicester thing.

Comment

Is Sarri trying to make some sort of point here? Chelsea are just being blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

In a couple of these games lately Spurs must have been feeling a bit like the Samuel L Jackson character in pulp fiction, after the guy shoots six bullets at him from point blank range and misses every time, or maybe it's more of a leicester thing.
            In this case, a bit of both, probably. But it can't just be 'luck' if you're doing it every week...

Meanwhile, Chelsea getting absolutely annihilated at Man City. Which - despite stretching the latter's lead over us - is always fun.

Comment

WOW. This could feasibly be 10.

Comment

Turning the question around, are the Chelsea players trying to make some kind of point here? I know City are a brilliant side, but there's just been some calamity defending happening.

As I type, City hit their fourth. Chelsea will be lucky to keep this in the single figures.

Comment

And we all thought Everton was the goal difference game.

Comment

What must Higuain be thinking he's walked into here?

0-4, 5-0, 0-4 (so far).

Comment

Chelsea officially worse than Cardiff and Burnley and only very slightly better than Rotherham.

Comment

Chelsea's last four games have finished 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0. No pressure on Malmo to deliver the 7-0 on Thursday, then.

Comment

Another Spurs season where finish nowhere near title winners but get media claims as challengers. Been watching football since 1971 and has always been the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Bet it didn't lead to a goal, though.
                            Right in front of me that was and no, no it didn't. This is Division Three after all. He did get a decent cross in though but Lamerias took an extra touch and that was that.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post
                              Another Spurs season where finish nowhere near title winners but get media claims as challengers. Been watching football since 1971 and has always been the case.
                              They were fairly shit in the mid-to-late seventies. Didnít Newcastle often finish above them?

Comment

Well they were so "fairly Shit" that they were relegated in 1977.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post
                                  You can't have been watching very closely then, because - other than on a few occasions in the eighties - Spurs have almost never been touted us as contenders until the past decade or so. (With twenty wins already under our belts, I don't see why we 'wouldn't' be considered outsiders this season, however: it's highly unlikely indeed, but five points can be gained and lost in next to no time - as Liverpool are discovering...)

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                  Chelsea's last four games have finished 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0. No pressure on Malmo to deliver the 7-0 on Thursday, then.
                                  Given that these were WLWL, this logically must set them up for a 7-0 win on Thursday?
                                  Last edited by Jah Womble; 11-02-2019, 10:15.

Comment

Followed by an 8-0 pumping by Man United in the FA Cup.

Neither of those outcomes are beyond the realms of possibility, are they?

(Then of course a 9-0 win in the return leg against Malmo, and a 10-0 drubbing by Man City in the Carabao Cup final...)

Comment

Hold on - that sets them up to do us 11-0 at Stamford Bridge on the 27th..!

Comment

Which interestingly would break the 24-year old Premier League record but not the 127-year old top-flight record.

Comment

So that's out of both domestic cup competitions,but squeaking through 16-0 on aggregate in the EL and putting 11 past Spurs.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Yeah, I'd keep your wedge in your wallet.

Comment

That is a shocker from the Newcastle keeper. After injury time was over. 1-1

Comment

absolute shite from dubravka, and not his first fuck-up of late, but at least he isn't wearing the number eleven.

Comment

another good game for sean longstaff, mind. our academy is, by and large, disgustingly poor so it's nice to see someone play their way into the team.

Comment

To qualify for Europe, Wolves can either get past 4 opponents in the FA Cup, or have a good run against 12 opponents in the league. The former includes at least one, and probably more, teams from below the Premier League. And then there's the small matter of winning real silverware for the first time in four decades.

If they pick the reserves for the cup-tie(s), get knocked out but then do a lap of honour for finishing 8th, I suppose this should be in the "Things I don't understand about modern football" thread.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X