No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurs are winning without their stars, albeit living dangerously. I'm sure all Man Utd fans would love them to win the league, or not?

Comment

But if you can't hold a grudge about a Champions League quarter final, when can you? And seven metres is quite a lot - in Guinness World Record terms, we're talking sharks or pizzas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
        Spurs are winning without their stars, albeit living dangerously. I'm sure all Man Utd fans would love them to win the league, or not?
        I'm not sure our recent 'dangerous living' is going to hold out against higher-quality opposition, however. We still have to go to Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City (which obviously isn't great news for any of them, either), but with luck will have Kane (at least) and Alli back for the latter pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

I'm not sure our recent 'dangerous living' is going to hold out against higher-quality opposition, however. We still have to go to Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City (which obviously isn't great news for any of them, either), but with luck will have Kane (at least) and Alli back for the latter pair.
          Completely agree. And the reserves that have been carrying us by playing out of their skin most of the season (Sissoko, Winks, Moura and Lamella) are rapidly tiring and getting injured.

We have been playing on fumes and getting by through will and determination since xmas. People have been focusing on our attack but it is our central midfield that is really struggling.

Hopefully, in these 8 days off Eriksen and Sissoko get a good rest and Dier and Wanyama can get a bit fitter.
          January and February are the months that always test a teams squad depth and us managing to keep on the coatails of Liverpool and Man City with our injuries is a good thing.

Comment

The perseverance and character we've demonstrated over the past few games has been remarkable - and very un-Spursy - so I agree that these eight days' grace will be very important indeed.

Comment

Man United fans really like their new Stone Roses chant.

Comment

A second successive Sunday of having to cheer for City, but needs must.

Comment

I love Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Now over to the cauldron of terror, self doubt and dread to try and figure out why Liverpool fans are living in near mortal dread, despite watching what is by a distance the best team they've ever had. Garcia described on his podcast as everyone being afraid that this moment of being on top of the league is like Carrie being invited up on the stage to be crowned prom queen, and any moment now the pigs blood is going to make its appearance.

There was a liverpool fan who had written into them complaining among other things about Salah's subdued form (9 goals and 3 assists in his previous 10 league games) i've got to say it was one of the funniest things I'd ever heard. the poor lad was essentially being psychologically traumatized by being top of the league.

Comment

With Arsenal now ahead, looks all the more like Fulham, Huddersfield and A. N. Other for the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                      Man United fans really like their new Stone Roses chant.
                      I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                        Is it time for this:

Considering this as my new avatar.

Comment

2-0 to liverpool at half time.

Comment

Considering this as my new avatar.
                            Magnificent, isn't it. You can't see the join.

Comment

It's a masterpiece

Comment

Liverpool cruising now.

They're a very good, well-balanced side. Their misfortune is that they're competing against another very good side, with a bit more squad depth and experience of winning titles. As I said a couple of months ago, I think that the two sides's participation in the cup competitions will be a major factor as to which one wins the league, along with the random nature of injuries and illness.

Comment

Bloody shite this Liverpool team. Crumbling under the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    Bloody shite this Liverpool team. Crumbling under the pressure.
                                    Decent result but Bournemouth are pretty poor on the road so I wouldn't get too excited. Burnley beat them 4-0 at Turf Moor.

Comment

Odd game that. It was comfortable, despite being pretty uncomfortable. Bournemouth are quick, strong in the tackle, good on and off the ball and broke at Liverpool with incredible speed You can see how they put Chelsea to the sword.
                                      And yet there were only a couple of wobbly bits and on another day Liverpool could (and possibly should) have had 5 or 6 or more goals.

What was nice to see was Bobby and Mo finding a bit of that one-touch understanding they had last season. It's been missing this year. Mane has just carried on being awesome though.

Comment

there's a real bang of roberto martinez's Wigan off bournemouth. liverpool's last 4 games with bournemouth have had an aggregate score of 16-0. Because they don't have a very clear plan of how to play without the ball, they can get horribly butchered with little fuss by a team that has a clear plan of what to do with the ball.

They're comfortably midtable, on the back of a decent home record, and a couple of early away wins, but they've lost their last nine away games in all competitions, (eight of which have been in the league) and in those league games they've scored 3 goals and conceded 20. I think this is about as good as it gets for eddie Howe. he's basically a less cranky mark hughes.

I hope Snake was watching the incidents surrounding the third burnley goal....

ooh duffy has pulled one back.

Comment

Shocking decision in the Brighton v Burnley game, which leads to a Burnley goal, via penalty.

Brighton reply. It's 1-3 in a very entertaining game.

Comment

In case anyone is wondering, haven't seen it yet. But after the run of horrendous decisions going against us, maybe, just maybe, we're starting getting some bloody payback.

Comment

Oh and another shouting match indicating that Sean Dyche and Chris Hughton really don’t like each other. There’s been a simmering anger between them for a few seasons now.

Comment

I was at the game. The ref was awful, we weren't much better and we're rapidly heading for trouble. Burnley had three chances and took them.

Comment

(I miss the TV thread because I have just seen the finest daisy-cutter in YEARS. Huesca at Girona. 0-1. What a peach.)

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                    In case anyone is wondering, haven't seen it yet. But after the run of horrendous decisions going against us, maybe, just maybe, we're starting getting some bloody payback.
                                                    wait until you see it. It's like all the payback in the one incident. I'm not even sure that the referee should have called it back for a burnley penalty. There are clearly some aspects of the advantage rule that I'm not quite clear on.

Chris wood likes to welly the ball doesn't he?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X