• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh shit.

Comment

Bugger.

Comment

Two years running we lose a 2-0 lead in injury time at Old Trafford.

Comment

GO ON THE TOON.

Liverpool will, of course, lose to Leicester tomorrow, because reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Two years running we lose a 2-0 lead in injury time at Old Trafford.
            Honestly, it serves you right.

Comment

Not you personally, Snake, you're alright. But it serves your team right, particularly Tom Heaton. And it serves Dyche right.

Comment

Very fuckin cynical with the niggling fouls, it's hard to like Burnley.

Comment

Ugly, cynical bruisers. Tough to watch, tougher to like. I mean, they have to do what they can to survive, but talk of Dyche deserving a crack at a larger side, or England, is laughable. He's found his level, and found a team that he can mould in his image.

Comment

And well done Liverpool. It's only them standing between City and a domestic treble.

Comment

Boring season. Title decided, relegation decided (despite Fulham's flicker of life). It's still January.

Comment

I thought Burnley were very good. They just ran out of steam at the end a bit. They kept their shape very well and looked like a lot like they were last season. it wasn't very clear how man utd were going to score a goal.

Also it's hard to be too harsh on Burnley for being cynical I don't know if you've noticed EIM, but Ashey Young is about as cynical as henry kissenger, or Dick cheney.

Comment

Ashley Young is a shithouse. If I was being polite I'd say he uses his experience to maximise his performances. But I need to be clear about something, Berbs. It's not at all hard to be harsh on Burnley at all. It's very easy. Even ignoring the awful way they play, my old boss was a Burnley ST holder and he sacked me for no reason at all. Fuck him and fuck them.

Comment

They were very well organised though, yes. We fell into their trap a bit. Passing across the box, little or no attempt to play our way in, then just sling a cross over which was too easily defended by their centre-backs. Lukaku was bullied a bit at times. I dunno why people think he's a target man still, he never has been and never will be. He's better running in. But even so, he needed to be stronger at times. Sanchez made a difference when he came on, and Mata dropping back into midfield from the wing also helped. I think we were about five minutes away from grabbing a winner, tbh. But no complaints at the draw. The last 15 minutes were just great fun.
                            Last edited by EIM; 30-01-2019, 01:13.

Comment

yeah, but snake is lovely. This needs more work.

Man utd had to play that way because Burnley kept their shape in front of their box. And when they scored the first goal, they kept it twice as hard. The way you play in a game is as much a function of how the other team plays as much as your intentions. If Burnley had coughed up the first goal, then it would have looked like a very different game indeed.
                              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 30-01-2019, 01:20.

Comment

Anyway, Burnley's first team squad... well, tonight's kit choice makes sense.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/teams/first-team/

Comment

In Rafa we trust

Comment

Meh. Lectured about shithouse football from a team that just gave two and a half years and several hundred million quid to Jose Mourinho.

Comment

I'm not a team.

Comment

Quite an evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                          Meh. Lectured about shithouse football from a team that just gave two and a half years and several hundred million quid to Jose Mourinho.
                                          Who? I don't remember that at all. Are you gaslighting us?

Comment

It's not often that you get a neologism that references a cultural event that's three-quarters of the way to being 100 years old and also includes archaic subject matter.

Edit: Apparently the verb dates from the 1960s, but I've only heard it used in the last few months.
                                            Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 30-01-2019, 13:56.

Comment

I'd not come across it until today. And now it's just come up on Countdown.

Comment

It's made a serious surge ever since people needed to find a word for that thing that Donald Trump does all the time.

Comment

You're not Susie Dent, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                    a word for that thing that Donald Trump does all the time.
                                                    Well... "spouting bullshit" is two words, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X