Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
    I never have much sympathy for supporters at games who are glued to other scores, when they don't affect their own team's task. It's not as if Man City are likely to adjust accordingly, and settle for a point.
    I don't think Liverpool fans expect this. I reckon it's only normal that they're interested in the score, though.

Comment

Only normal, sure, but what they're actually doing is responding to false rumours and spreading unease. Of course top pros should shut that out, but I bet they'd rather have the crowd focus of the Barcelona game.

Comment

Apparently (source: BBC) Wolves fans have been trolling Liverpool fans with fake goals. They're "crying wolves" ... geddit? (here all game, thangyew)

Comment

Opening half at Turf Moor was Not Without Incident.

Comment

I take issue with the idea that the evil of being a team financially doped in ever more dishonest and FFP dodging ways for a decade by the Crown Prince of a mysogynistic and serial human rights abusing oil nation is equal in some way to the evil of a team that has a subset of fans who are a bit smug.
            I mean, I know football us about irrational biases, but that seems a step far, even to me,

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              I know some Tan Utd fans are hoping that OGS's stumbling stewardship will save them from relegation on the final day, given that it took them down a few seasons ago.
              Well, OGS and his team are doing their bit even if it is immaterial now.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-05-2019, 15:18.

Comment

All over now. 97 points, nothing to show for them.

Comment

So we've gone from Mahrez the bargain buy winning it for Leicester, to Mahrez the overpriced sub doing it for Man City. Progress.

Comment

It's going to be funny if Man City and Liverpool both end up winning the trophy that the other one really wanted.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-05-2019, 15:31.

Comment

No sarcasm intended, it's a relief that Liverpool haven't blown it. If City had let them have a chance, and they'd not taken it ... they'd need counselling forever.

Comment

I'm fairly confident that Liverpool will win the CL as a significant compensation for missing out on the league, but however much you applaud an amazing season, if you're a Liverpool fan you must feel incredibly hard done by after racking up that number of points but still not finishing as champions.

Comment

Not often you can go 2-0 up with a consolation goal but that's exactly what Liverpool have just done.

Sigh.

Comment

The farewell for Bruno is the highlight of this match by some distance.

Comment

Congratulations to Man City, they've deserved that.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                Congratulations to Man City, they've deserved that.
                                Very generous. Whichever club had won the title it would have been well-deserved.

Comment

Congratulations to the Man City fans on here. Enjoy tonight celebrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                    Well, I would far rather that neither of them won the title, so that is why I'm ignoring it. Liverpool may, on balance, by marginally less rapaciously evil than Manchester City in their current guise, but Liverpool are still a massive negative for Football as a whole (they are Dr. Frankenstein, Man City are the Monster that Liverpool and their collaborators efforts spawned). So them winning the league is nothing to celebrate.
                                    I don't understand how this is supposed to work. Britain has been selling its family silver to dubious foreign capital and allowing those people do as they see fit, since the election of thatcher. It's pretty much the defining mechanism of economic and political organization in the UK for as long as I have been alive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

I don't understand how this is supposed to work. Britain has been selling its family silver to dubious foreign capital and allowing those people do as they see fit, since the election of thatcher. It's pretty much the defining mechanism of economic and political organization in the UK for as long as I have been alive.

Fascinating.

Anyway, Manchester United then.

Comment

Chelsea are a prime example. Abramovich buying chelsea is simply the most obvious manifestation of the flood of oligarch money that poured into London after the rise of Putin. Liverpool aren't responsible for this. This is just how the UK works.

Comment

Very tough on Liverpool. Brilliant football and a single defeat all season. Commiserations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            Chelsea are a prime example. Abramovich buying chelsea is simply the most obvious manifestation of the flood of oligarch money that poured into London after the rise of Putin. Liverpool aren't responsible for this. This is just how the UK works.

You've said this a thousand times.

Now, what about Manchester United. What happens next?

Comment

I’ll write more later but, regardless of the result in a meaningless match, watching your team shithousing a bunch of (Aubameyang apart) thoroughly dislikable fancy dans who have no idea how to react or cope will never be anything other than hilarious.

Comment

Why did we get Clive Tyldesley on NBC today? I don't recall that happening before.

Scarily, I think Man City will be better next season if De Bruyne can stay fit for most of it and they start to replace the players who are over 32 (they need younger versions of Kompany, Fernandinho and Silva). Liverpool's bare minimum target will have to be 100 points and that still might not be enough. They'd have get at least 4 points v Man City themselves because the turning point this season was the loss at City on Jan 3rd.

Man U will surely get better. Not sure about Spurs (who are overachieving based on their budget), Arsenal or Chelsea.
                                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 12-05-2019, 17:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                                  Very tough on Liverpool. Brilliant football and a single defeat all season. Commiserations.
                                                  It is what it is - I'm pleased we won the last game and didn't fall away, and we had a couple of minutes of genuine giddiness when Brighton went in front, but realistically it was done and dusted before today. City were brilliant too and earned it.

Comment

Man City won the last 14 games in a row and still only just won. That's a testament to both teams

Comment

Working...
                                                    X