No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peirrera and Choudri are both excellent. Dabid Silba (family joke) and Albrighton look like they might be the temperamental weak links tonight.

Leicester drew at Anfield. Their doing really well holding the steamroller back so far.

Comment

Still strongly favour the home side to win this one. And yes, Leicester drew at Anfield though we also lost at home to Liverpool. And beat Man City at home...

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
        Peirrera and Choudri are both excellent.
        Hamza Chouduhry is a player of great symbolic importance - he is a Leicestershire boy, from the local Bangladeshi community. It's was great that he broke into the first team squad, and is even better now that he is making starts. And some stupid things he once said as a minor won't change that a jot.

Comment

Fucking hell.

Comment

Fuck

Comment

What a goal.

Comment

That's some way to break the deadlock.

Comment

Now come on City go and equalize. Note to comms; other teams apart those from Manchester are called City or United .

Comment

If any team would suit the breakthrough for Asian players it might be Leicester. Maybe it should be Leeds or Burnley. Chouduhry's maybe the new Kante in a year or so.

Fuck me. Vincent Kompany is a wonderful human being. Not happy. But very happy for him.

Comment

And some stupid things he once said as a minor won't change that a jot.

????

Comment

Apologies for Sun link but it has detail the other reports don't appear to have :

Leicester’s Choudhury charged by FA for racist Twitter posts when he was 14 years old

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          And some stupid things he once said as a minor won't change that a jot.

????
                          Some Arsenal fans with way too much time on their hands trawled through every Leicester players twitter timeline after Sunday's defeat. And on Choudhury's they found some containing a racist joke, a sneer at Women's Football and a bone-headed comment about people who self-harm or commit suicide. Also something homophobic apparently. Choudhury was ~15 when he wrote these things, and when they were dredged up he apologised to anyone hurt by them, completely disowned the sentiments behind them, and stated he has learned a lot in the past six years. Which is true of most of us between those ages, I suspect. The FA have charged him with an aggravated breach of their code of conduct over it, though.

Comment

Iheanacho's not still picking up any kind of residual payment from Man City, is he?

Comment

Hmm...

Comment

These extra layers of cruelty ... winning goal is the least likely, chance for the equaliser goes begging. It couldn't just be a 3-0 stroll, could it?

Comment

Man City still have first refusal on repurchasing Kelechi Iheanacho don't they?[/wanders off whistling to open a tin foil hat stand just outside Anfield]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    Iheanacho's not still picking up any kind of residual payment from Man City, is he?
                                    Not that I know of. But I'm fairly sure (read very sure) the statement above is true...

Comment

Iheanacho aside, at least Liverpool fans can't complain about Leicester's effort in this game. This was a game City (i.e. Leicester!) needed to win to keep their Europa League hopes alive. The chance of that had gone by stoppage time, but they pushed extremely hard to draw anyway, which would have really messed City (the other one) up.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                        These extra layers of cruelty ... winning goal is the least likely, chance for the equaliser goes begging. It couldn't just be a 3-0 stroll, could it?
                                        Liverpool have had their fair share of fine margins and late goals this season. It has been more the story of the title race than of one side scraping by.

Comment

Fuck me. Vincent Kompany is a wonderful human being. Not happy. But very happy for him.
                                          Hard not to love him, isn't it ( and not just because I used his tickets for Belgium v Ireland in Euro 2016). His clear emotion at the final whistle was genuinely touching.

Just a pity he works for such a despicable employer and it would be nice to nice to see their nearest challengers win the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                            Iheanacho aside, at least Liverpool fans can't complain about Leicester's effort in this game. This was a game City (i.e. Leicester!) needed to win to keep their Europa League hopes alive. The chance of that had gone by stoppage time, but they pushed extremely hard to draw anyway, which would have really messed City (the other one) up.
                                            Yeah, Leicester gave it everything - even players with Man City lineage like Schmeichel were desperately pushing for a goal at the end, Maddison's decision to shoot rather than pass to the unmarked onrushing Albrighton after Macguire's surge down the left wing was daft though.

Comment

If any team would suit the breakthrough for Asian players it might be Leicester. Maybe it should be Leeds or Burnley. Chouduhry's maybe the new Kante in a year or so.
                                              Fingers crossed on that one. And I think Leicester Asian population is the highest of that lot. They are vastly under represented at the King Power of course, but not completely so and noticeable less so recently than, say, 20 years ago. Having Choudhury in the side can only help improve that situation further.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Liverpool have had their fair share of fine margins and late goals this season. It has been more the story of the title race than of one side scraping by.
                                                cf Riyad Mahrez putting a penalty into orbit at Anfield. That was a three point swing in Liverpool's favour then and there.

Comment

Not that it matters one jot but if Ricardo Peirera doesn't get man of the match then something's wrong. Sure Kompanys goal was special to beat a special defence but Ricardo, as he has been for much of the season, was sensational. With all if the youngsters that played, and played well tonight, Citys (Leicester) future looks good. Just wished Pep hadn't day chatted to our full backs for so long at the end....

Comment

Peirera as Player of the Season, ahead of Vardy, Tielemans and the always seemingly unsung Yes Ndidi? That is where my vote would go, but you watch them more often than me so I'm interested to hear what you think.

Edit - or Chilwell?? Nah, still Peirera, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X