No announcement yet.

Lemar, qu’on voit danser le long des… French football 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSG blow yet another lead and lose away to Montpellier. That is their third away loss in a row.

Comment

My friend is an LOSC fanatic, about to become an ex-friend.

Comment

Can this relationship be saved?

Now 1-1.

Another goal would be ace (spelled asse).

Comment

Of course, you're on the side of the anges (verts).

i've always had a soft spot for Lens myself, happy to jettison that overnight.

Both goals have been super sloppy in this one. If ever there was a time for Marcelo to undertake one of his muscular challenges in his own penalty area, it would be now.

2-1! Another ugly goal with a hand-ball to boot.

Comment

Soumaré la plage,

or something like that.

Lens aren't playing. Tonight we run with les Dogues.

Comment

Merde

It is the hope. . .

Comment

Another ropey build-up.
                Now we may be reduced to cheering for OM next week. That will cost us a few hail marys.

Comment

Tried to find this season's thread, but PSG evidently out to equal Leicester, 4-0 up against Marseille at HT in "le classique. "

Comment

The militant anti-fascist club Ménilmontant 1871 FC has been effectively shut down by the FFF after its supporters displayed a banner of a police car on fire with the inscription "Here we dream of the pigs [poules] roasting." The team will no longer be allowed to play within 20km of its home ground at Bobigny. A communiqué from MFC 1871 claims that the police federation was behind the complaint which led to the sanction being applied, as well as being active in getting photos of the banner removed from social media. Fascist-affiliated organisations have also been lobbying for the club to be punished since the LFP finally got around to confiscating racist and homophobic tifos at Ligue 1 matches.

The banner referred to an incident in 2016 when police travelling in a car were attacked by antifascist protestors. The vehicle was set on fire with the police inside. One of the ringleaders of the attack was re-arrested last year while on probation for taking part in a violent streetfight with far-right activists. (He denies being involved.) The banner was intended as a message of support to this man after he was released from detention for the second incident, which seems to have been provoked by the fascists.

In other crowd news i think Saint-Etienne are still playing behind closed doors following the firework display in the Kop during the November game with PSG. Spectator incidents are overshadowing what has been a marginally less dull season on the field imo.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1232683388894576641

Comment

Thank you for putting that here, ursus, it gave me a few moments of pure pleasure which I will need to remember during next week’s likely beatdown at the Palais-Aulas.

Speaking of the Great Man, the story of his rapport with social media makes for a true Greek tragedy. He was quite an early adopter of Twitter for reasons similar to Trump: it gave him the illusion that he was close to and adored by his people. Despite a thin skin he also liked to think he could take on the trolls and he blessed us with many moments of Extreme Partridge as he endeavoured to have the last laugh before inevitably storming off in a huff with a message about his many achievements and how these compared with the losers who spent their days on the internet trolling him.

Eventually his PR people managed to scramble his password and ‘his’ account is now very dull. And it seems his love affair with social media has turned sour. i would like to thank him though for the entertainment he provided back in the day and i do hope this latest media stunt backfires as gloriously as did his run on Twitter.

Comment

I admit that bringing you a bit joy was my primary motivation

Some of the posts are decent

To the extent Aulas is known in the US at all (which is very limited), it is entirely for his beyond creepy stalking of US women's national team members on social media.

Comment

Eurgh.

Yeah absolutely everyone in France seems to think he’s a cock, even OL fans. He has Piers Morgan levels of un-self-awareness about it too.

Comment

Coucou, Les voilà

Comment

That’s quite a surprise, given our position in the league and the dismal showing against OL last weekend.

If the final of the Coupe is a repeat of 1982 then my heart is sure to give out.

At least the whole world beyond the Francilienne will be supporting my team in this year’s final.
                                Last edited by laverte; 06-03-2020, 07:45. Reason: Got my seasons muddled up

Comment

Allez les Verts! INCROYABLE!

Comment

Working...
                                  X