No announcement yet.

League of Ireland & Irish League 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ht in Cork v Dundalk in what could be a league decider,Dundalk lead 1.0 and look comfortable with it tbh, if it stays the same Dundalk will be 9 points clear with a game in hand and a plus 16 goal difference and Cork will only have four games left to play, so they really need to get their act together in the second half

Comment

Dundalk win 1.0 and virtually clinch the title,Bray lose 0.2 to Limerick and are virtually relegated. So with four games left to play everything except the final European place is done and dusted. Only the cup semi-finals and final and the promotion/relegation play offs are left to provide any excitement.

Comment

Dundalk lead Derry city 3.0 at ht in Dundalks game in hand,I may as well congratulate Seand on the league win. While it's not mathematically over Dundalk are 12 points clear with 4 games to play and with a 27 goal better goal difference that'd be some comeback by Cork

Comment

You have to snigger at the Cork fans calling for Caulfield's head though

Comment

Not sniggering, double holders,2nd in the league and in the cup semi-finals,if it was just the teenagers you wouldn't mind but plenty of adults too,spoilt shower of fuckers deserve a relegation battle next year

Comment

Caulfield's football at Cork is fairly basic but it's hard to argue with five successive top two finishes- only the fifth club ever to do that! They're unlucky to have run into what is probably the strongest team in the history of the League of Ireland. Each of the last five seasons they've been 10-30 points clear of third.

They were hopelessly out of sorts in Europe, but any modicum of success in Europe is a bonus rather than a requirement. They've had an uncharacteristic flop the last few weeks though, 1 point from 12 when they normally average over 2.5 points per game against not-Dundalk, and there are rumours of discontent in the camp. Still, he's safe in his job for another season at the very least.

Comment

Pat's manager has resigned/left by mutual consent too. I think he lost the dressing room at the end of the 2015 season when we were tonked by Dundalk 4-1 in any case

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
                  Pat's manager has resigned/left by mutual consent too. I think he lost the dressing room at the end of the 2015 season when we were tonked by Dundalk 4-1 in any case
                  And you lot can keep your hands off Keith Long,though if he wants to go there's not much we can do about it,a cup win or at least Europe might help

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                    And you lot can keep your hands off Keith Long,though if he wants to go there's not much we can do about it,a cup win or at least Europe might help
                    Long has done a fantastic job at Bohs and his effort to save Athlone the other season was so nearly epic. As I noted in my programme preview for the Pats v Bohs game on Saturday, it would be interesting to see what he could do with a bigger budget.

Comment

just saw some photos from the liam miller match

do ye reckon dunph still wants andy reid in the ireland team?

Comment

Working...
                      X